How much Time do you clock gaming?
  • [CENTER]image

On a average day of gaming, how many minutes or hours do you get to play?

:cool:

For me, it isn't a whole lot because I am employed for most of the day, so I only play for about an 1 hour - 1 hour and 30 minutes. Believe me, if I didn't have a job, I'd be playing a whole lot more.
    [/CENTER]
  • it really depends on the mood i am in, and what games are available, and uf im working, but i at least try to put an hour in a day.
  • I try to get in a couple of hours a day, whether it's just for myself or a review for the site. Really depends on what else is doing.
  • I can't spend more than an hour gaming. I get restless. Lately I've been cumulatively totaling out at 3-4 hours everyday. It will all change once my school starts up again.:)
  • Hmm, it's interesting that we're all about the same. I thought some of you would say: "I dedicate 23 hours a day to gaming, I take a short nap and then get up and play some more". Maybe that is a stereotype that is being broken.

So, are we "casual gamers" just because we are all getting older and can't devote many many hours to gaming? I don't think I am a casual gamer, in fact, I think this next year will be my favorite gaming year so far. I'm loving what Sony and Nintendo have brought to the table, and am glad that they are finally innovating the industry.
  • On my days off from shift work I can clock up at least 9 hours worth in a day. Some evenings it's about 1-2 hours depending on my work load & stuff. Gone are the weekends where if I wasn't out on a friday night I would be playing till the small hours of saturday, few hours sleep & 16 hours after that till sunday & a few hours in the evening (plus a lot of coffee & snacks)
  • In my youth I could go on gaming for days without any sleep.
    When I got out of school and started working I still could devote entire days togaming, but since I then was living with my girlfriend I sort of had to devote some time to her as well.
    Then when I got started at the university there was always some tas to do and gaming way reduced further, to evenings (as I like to call the hours between 10 pm and 2 am).
    This behaviour had to stop when children got in the way of extended sleep-ins.

Now that I'm even older, the career is even more demanding and the kids are even more keen on waking up at 6 o'clock I don't have the time to do alot of gaming at all. Evenings are now devoted to work and days to the family. I havn't had the money to buy a new game in years and I havn't had an interest in solving puzzles or such in games as I do practically the same thing in my work. A couple of weeks ago I did however buy Guitar Hero and since then I spend about half an hour every other day gaming. The kids loves to sit by and listen and the oldest one has started singing along to some of her favourites. The missus, however can't take the noise for very long and hence I try to restrain my passion to 30-60 minutes a session.
  • Magnus A STAFF said:
    I havn't had an interest in solving puzzles or such in games as I do practically the same thing in my work.

/\ /\ /\ Funny! /\ /\ /\ :p

Well, I see video games as a fun thing to do to take my mind off of work. But yeah, I don't want to deal with confusing puzzler games when I get home, because my brain works hard enough while I'm at work. I just like a game that you can just sit down and get involved in easily and get out of just as easily when a good T.V. show is coming on (Very rare).
  • My gaming time often depends on how well I like the game I'm currently playing. If it's a great game, I'll try to find extra time to play it. But I only play on my days off. I work 12 hour days and believe me, I have no interest in gaming when I come home from work.

For example, yesterday was a day off work. I'm currently playing FFXII. I also have three rental movies out from Blockbuster. I spent about six hours playing FFXII and I only watched one of the three movies. Clearly, FFXII won out over watching movies, which I also enjoy on my days off.

So far, I've clocked 80+ hours on FFXII which I received as a Christmas present.
  • From Monday till Wednesday it's about 5-6 hours, four of which starts about nine pm. I usually go to sleep at one am. Rest of the week about ten. Sweet thing.
  • i usaly get from 4-6 hours daily
  • i usually spend around 3 hours on weekdays, and on the weekends i will spend around 6 hours a day....

but if im playing a game that i just cant get enough of, for example (completing all the ratchet and clanks 100%, or playing resistance online) i can spend around 8-10 hours a day gaming...

but hey its worth it .. :) :)
  • robcoxy said:
    i usually spend around 3 hours on weekdays, and on the weekends i will spend around 6 hours a day....

but if im playing a game that i just cant get enough of, for example (completing all the ratchet and clanks 100%, or playing resistance online) i can spend around 8-10 hours a day gaming...

but hey its worth it .. :) :)

Hmm... that's respectable. I'm sure my hours clocked gaming will skyrocket in May. I'm looking forward to the new Resistance maps, whatever they are going to fix in Motorstorm, and definitely some Spiderman 3. I haven't hardly played anything this past month :redface:.
  • Hmm... that's respectable. I'm sure my hours clocked gaming will skyrocket in May. I'm looking forward to the new Resistance maps, whatever they are going to fix in Motorstorm, and definitely some Spiderman 3. I haven't hardly played anything this past month .

Well theres not a lot out at the moment is there, i think the best time for gaming this year is going to be around the august-december time where theres going to be a lot of new releases on the PS3 and most other formats...
    And yes new online updates for resistance and motorstorm heading are way and also a global online server isnt there ??? sooo hopefully there will be a lot more out there very soon, and you can start gaming a bit more MCW :):):)