Have you seen the giant baby?
  • [CENTER]image

In this image from television, nurses hold the baby known as 'Super Tonio,' in Jesus Kumate Rodriguez hospital in Cancun Mexico Wednesday Jan. 31, 2007. At a whopping birth weight of 6.6 kilograms (14.5 pounds), the 'little' fellow is causing a sensation in this Mexican resort city. According to doctors the baby drinks 5 ounces of milk every three hours, and measures 55 centimeters (22 inches) in length. Antonio's mother, Teresa Alejandra Cruz, 23, and father, Luis Vasconcelos, 38, said they were proud of the boy, and noted that Cruz had given birth to a baby girl seven years ago who weighed 5.2 kilograms (11.46 pounds). (AP Photo/APTN)

* Also, I heard on the news that he is wearing diapers made for 6 months-old children. He looks like he eats 6 month-old children for dinner too.

[/CENTER]
  • ive seen him i feel sorry for his poor mother!! An eye waterer

My cousin was 11lb 7oz when she was born!!
  • My goodness gracious. I feel sorry for the mom. Did she actually naturally birth him?!? It must have hurt a lot!

Coming from a "big baby" family it doesn't really surprise me. My brother was 12 (5kg) pounds when he was born, my sister 10 (4.5kg) and I was 8 (3.6 kg).

I would like to know who the kid is next to the gigantor baby? Is it his twin?? Looks as shriveled as a prune.:eek:
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    I would like to know who the kid is next to the gigantor baby? Is it his twin?? Looks as shriveled as a prune.:eek:

lol, gigantor baby. Um, well the articles I have seen haven't told who the baby is beside him. I think they picked the smallest one they could find at the hospital and put him in his arms.

I love it. ;)
  • Heeheeheee "gigantor baby". LOL!! That is funny!!!!!!!

Hubby was just a shade over 13 pounds when he was born, and 23 1/2 inches long... he was just a tiny little tike.. broke his Mamma's pelvic bone in 2 places as he came out. (Natural birth). :( Pooor Mamma in Law!!
  • A lady in Poland just recently gave birth to a 7.13kg baby, I will have to see if I can dig out the link. I know it was in american People magazine can't seem to find it at the moment. Lucky it was a c-section not natural birth. ouch!