Cannot connect to Central Station
  • Hi. I have a Netgear DG834GT that I have linked to two wireless laptops easily and have linked to my PS2 with a category 5e LAN cable.

I have done the setup via the auto route and when it does the diagnostics test, it comes back with all green, but when it tries to connect to Central Station, it cannot connect.

On my router I have reserved the IP address for the PS2 for its MAC address and have tried the port forwarding and also the DMZ for this IP address and still get the same result.

I have entered on the PS2 setup, the primary and secondary DNS according to the details from my ISP.

What am I missing here? THis is driving me crazy:frown:
  • A couple of things that you may have missed entering is the router's IP address and the Subnet Mask. You may also want to put in the IP address you set aside for the PS2 in your settings.
  • Hi Lyndon,

I contacted Sony like I should have done in the first place and they informed me that if my diagnostics check is giving the green light on everything then my PS2 is good to go onto the internet. All I have to do is put in my game and away I go.

In order to register/activate your account with Central Station, I have been told to go to and you can do this there.

I have done this and I am now a happy man :)

Thank you for your suggestions.

• You had me wondering somewhat as to what Central Station was. I didn't know they made a semi-centralized name registration for online PS2 play- they never did set that up for us North American players. I'll have to remember to keep that site in mind for others in the UK and Europe that may come here having problems getting online.