SUV drives through Movie screen! Crazy pictures!
  • [CENTER]imageimageimageimage

ORRINGTON, Conn. -- A sport utility vehicle crashed through a movie theater's wall in Torrington on Monday night. Two people were watching "Dreamgirls" in the Cinerom Theater when the SUV crashed through the wall.

Cinerom owner Robert Sadlon gave Eyewitness News a tour of the theater he has owned for five years. "You never thought it would happen to you," he said. "You never thought it would be in the theater, especially while people are in here." Police told Eyewitness News the woman driving, Diletta Squires, 46, may have been intoxicated. She was not injured and was released from police custody on Tuesday on $1,000 bond. She is due in court to face driving while under the influence charges in two weeks. "I couldn't believe it. It was half way in the building," said Caroline Rivers, of Torrington. "I wont sit next to the outside of the wall." Channel 3 Eyewitness News reporter Hena Daniels reported a building inspector has deemed the building structurally sound. The other five theaters will open on Tuesday.

Amazing Ain't it!? I love those pictures! (No one was hurt, so it's OK to laugh now!)[/CENTER]
  • Talk about a drive-in, glad no one was hurt, pisses me off wene people drive drunk. building must have not been very thick/strong, hardly any damage to the car??
  • sombulus said:
    Talk about a drive-in, glad no one was hurt, pisses me off wene people drive drunk. building must have not been very thick/strong, hardly any damage to the car??

Channel 3 Eyewitness News reporter Hena Daniels reported a building inspector has deemed the building structurally sound.

I think you are right about the car not having any damage. It is a testament to the fact that car companies really are trying to make safer cars these days, and SUV's are so popular now, that they are probably a big focus. Especially after so much attention in the past years was payed to the high rollover-tendencies of SUV's.

Still, the pictures pretty much tell the story. Cars drive through walls very easily, and this particular car is no exception ;)
  • well the front and on them fords are plastic??o well it is no big deal, but yours right if someone wanted to drive through your home they probably could and keep driving, unless you drive a saturn?