Are new games worth their price tag yet?
  • [CENTER]What do you think? Have we finally reached a time when NEW games are worth their price tag?

Or do you feel like you are doing this with your cash:

In my honest opinion, I think that the newest of the new, the PS3 video games are really worth their $50-60 price tags (USD). They just provide so much entertainment, so much more than in systems of earlier gaming eras. I say that because we are now in an era where just about every game has a massive online world - and not to mention beautiful graphics to boot.

I don't feel like I am wasting my money as much anymore, just so long as I read gamers reviews before I buy.

Are you happy with new game prices, or are they still too high for ya?
    [/CENTER]
  • Considering how pricey some gamers were in the SNES era (thanks to having physical RAM in the cartridges- I've seen at least one game over the $100 because of that) I do like the price point we have now.

Are the newest games worth it? Some are, some are not. Depends on the overall quality of the game. Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance, as two examples, were well worth it to me. Genji: Days of the Blade, however, was a bit of a crapfest with the sometimes- spotty hit detection, less than fluid control and crappy fixed angle camera views.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Considering how pricey some gamers were in the SNES era (thanks to having physical RAM in the cartridges- I've seen at least one game over the $100 because of that) I do like the price point we have now.

...was a bit of a crapfest with the sometimes- spotty hit detection, less than fluid control and crappy fixed angle camera views.

I did not get a chance to purchase many brand new games in the SNES era, so I do not remember what the pricing ran back then. Can't believe that there were $100 games though (Although I am sure there are some SNES games that cost $100 on ebay now). I mostly got my SNES games secondhand or bought them used when Blockbuster got rid of 'em all.

About camera angles, that is a whole 'nother discussion. Why can't anyone get camera angles right in videogames!?!? That is the number one problem cited with most videogames today. That can definitely ruin a game, if the camera is annoying you the entire time :(