Sims: That Didn't Go As Planned at All!
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=186]Sims: That Didn't Go As Planned at All![/drupal]

Well folks, in light of what happened today on my Sims game I figured it was worthy of mentioning to my fellow gamers.Now here's a background history here: I have a girl Romance Sim(I'll call her Jill) whom I had move in next door to a male Family Sim (I'll call him Jack). I'm sure you can guess what happens next. Yep!! ATTRACTION!! Attraction between the two of them begins to heat up and suddenly Jill is pregnant.
  • Right, I have one way around this that I can think of and only one way, but you'll have to be willing to *cheat* to do it.
    It's not technically cheating, but a lot of people think it is.

Anyway, before entering your lot (so you're on your neighbourhood screen here) press Ctrl+Shift+C on the keyboard to open the cheat console.
    Then type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to activate the developer cheats.

Then enter your lot and shift+left-click on one of your sims to bring up the *extra* commands. Just click on the Spawn option (might be Spawn Object I forget). You may need to click More to find this option.
    From this sub option you need to click on er oh I forget right now. Try them all, it's definitely NOT The Tombstone of Life and Death though.
    You'll know which one it is when you end up with what looks like a baby standing up with it's legs together and arms stretched out.

Delete the other ones (via buy or build mode) apart from the baby one.

Next, click on the baby and click on the option Set Age. This option will allow you to set the age of anyone in your household to baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, elder.
    Set the ages of Bob and Kim to adults. And have them move out seperately.
    Then you've got them individually as Adults in your lot bin.

Now it's just a matter of moving each one in to a seperate lot.
    Spawning the baby object again.
    Setting each ones age to child or baby or teen, whatever.
    Then going back to neighbourhood mode and just move them out of the lot to the lots bin.

You now have two individual babies/toddlers/children/teenagers in the lots bin ready to do with what you want.

Hope that helps Mel.

p.s. After each time changing the childrens ages, you can then delete the baby object in Buy or Build mode.

p.p.s. Once you've got the two siblings as seperate characters in the lots bin you can then enable the cheat window (Ctrl+Shift+C) but this time type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled false to disable the developer cheats and return your game back to normal.

As long as you don't do anything else your game will be perfectly fine and will NOT mess up, ok? Just make sure you follow those instructions to the letter and you'll be fine. :D