• kellysays..."can u help, as i am having trouble gettin my new ps3 online. my internet connection has to be shared with my computer(which means i have to have it turned on and connected to the internet for it to work) i use this set up with my 360 with no problems, but have had no success with my ps3. i have nearly all fields set to automatic(as i do not no what goes in there), when i have everything set and run the test, it passes first test, but fails the second test, internet connection, saying it had problem resolving the name with code 80710102. any help u could provide me would be most appreciated, many thanx, kelly"
  • Internet connection sharing can be tricky to set up sometimes. Sharing your connection is maybe better done using a router, which would then keep your connection going to both the 360 and the PS3 without needing the computer turned on.

If you don't want to go this route and keep the connection sharing then maybe this page can help. It is from the Microsoft Knowledge Base showing how to set up connection sharing on both your own PC and any other items sharing the connection, including settings for IP address, Subnet mask, etc.. Hope this helps you out.