game dics won't spin
  • Hello I put in a game and it goes to browser then it tryes to reading disc I get 2 blinks them it stops I open up the console and seen that it only spins for a sec what is wrong? please help thank you steve666
  • First let's go with the obvious- check your battery level and try doing it with the AC adapter/charger plugged in.

If your battery power is fine try wiping the disc with a soft cloth- you may have fingerprints and other dirt on the bottom of the disc, making it hard for the laser to pick up data.

If after both of those it still doesn't work it is time to contact Sony tech support as something is seriously amiss. If you have had the system under a year you are covered under warranty and won't be charged if they want you to send it in for repair. Contact number is in the user manual of the system and also in the game manuals.
  • it is ps2 console that is not spining and it is 4 years old
    Lyndon M STAFF said:
    First let's go with the obvious- check your battery level and try doing it with the AC adapter/charger plugged in.

If your battery power is fine try wiping the disc with a soft cloth- you may have fingerprints and other dirt on the bottom of the disc, making it hard for the laser to pick up data.

If after both of those it still doesn't work it is time to contact Sony tech support as something is seriously amiss. If you have had the system under a year you are covered under warranty and won't be charged if they want you to send it in for repair. Contact number is in the user manual of the system and also in the game manuals.
  • the ps2 game console is not reading disc or spining the disc so it can read it i am only getting it to spin 1/4 of the disc before it stops do you have a better way ?
  • Ok- you had me thinking it is a PlayStation Portable at first because that is where you posted. I'll move the thread to the right place.

If the disc is not spinning you are going to have to contact Sony for repairs- something is wrong with the drive inside your PS2. There's nothing else that can be done. It is going to cost some money (no idea how much, you will have to get that from Sony themselves). In the long run it may be quicker to pick up a new system.