• Just yesterday I bought the new God of War game and started playing it, but then I had to leave to go watch the new Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie. Then my brother got on it and called me and was telling me about how he couldn't shut it off or restart it or anything like it was frozen or something. So I told him to just try unplugging it and so he did. Then afterward I got home and then the disc woulnd't even spin and it hasn't spun all day. So it's not just a Friday the 13th thing. We have the newer flat playstation and we have never had trouble with it. It isn't just this game either I have tried numerous other games that have been working for the longest time also. It turns on ok it just doesn't make an attempt to read the disc. Please help. Thank you.
  • The system may have had some small bit get fried there with the sudden loss/ regain of power. Did your brother remember to hit the switch on the back before unplugging?
  • No he couldn't because we have the new slimmer ps2, and this is our second one so it would be a big bummer to find out we need a new one.