DNS error -612...HELP!!!!!
  • Iv'e played ps2 online for a long time but i unplugged it for a while because i didnt have time anymore but when i tried to plug it back in i connect to the network but not to the DNS server...although im able to connect to my neighbors online but not my own..help...by the way i have a linksys modem and wireless adapter.
    If you need anymore information please let me know
  • Linksys modem?? You mean router, don't you? What is the model number of it?
  • yes, router, sorry, the model number is WRT54G
  • Good to see you have one of the better model routers.

Your best bet may be to go through the set up process again with it, this time making sure you get your own DNS servers. Sounds like somehow your adapter got set up with the neighbor's settings.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Good to see you have one of the better model routers.

Your best bet may be to go through the set up process again with it, this time making sure you get your own DNS servers. Sounds like somehow your adapter got set up with the neighbor's settings.

Im getting the DNS -612 error. I have the Linskys router with a Linskys Wireless B Game Adapter. It's telling me that I have gotten online but my registration data was not sent to the SCEA. And when I try to connect on NCAA Football 10 it says there is no respone from the DNS server. What/How can I fix this?
  • Bg, you may need to do a bit of editing to your PS2's connection settings. In particular, check the addresses for the DNS servers. If you haven't entered these in the settings, do so. You'll find them within the router settings.
  • Which settings should I use? The router, Internet, Laptop?
  • Or should I use the Linskys Wireless B Game Adapter's address?
  • Anybody know what specific addresses I am supposed to use?
  • Like I told you up above, bg, go into your router's settings. The DNS servers you see there are the ones you put into the PS2's connection set up.
  • Ok. I just tried and I am still getting the same error.