A Very...VERY serious issue
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=203]A Very...VERY serious issue[/drupal]

My friends here at API,I am dealing with mixed emotions at this time. This isn't even the normal kind of troubled or angry blog. No, it's sooo much more than that. One of my family members is possibly in imminent trouble.My family has always been very much into being headstrong and tough. The toughness is something that I've been glad we have. Lord knows it's gotten me through quite a bit of difficulties. Yet, my sister seems to be different.
  • We are with you in hoping it is not what you suspect.

If your sister is in an abusive relationship, my advice would be to do anything and everything in your power to break her out of that relationship, permanently. It is your business. Men who beat on women are disgusting cowards and if they do it once, they'll likely do it again. Be strong, Mel!
  • I agree with Chris. You definatly should figure a way to get her out of the relationship. I don't know if coming straight out and telling her that you know is a good idea though. She might be angry that you listened in on her conversation, but when it comes to physical abuse something must be done.

Its kind of hard for me to give you ideas on how to get her out of the relationship. If something like that was going on with my sisters or cousins the only solution I could come up with was to give him a taste of his own medicine. Having 23 fraternity brothers and being a bodybuilder, that would be easy for me, but for you not so easy.

I guess you could get a group of guys, all family members, and confront him. Get your dad, cousins, brothers, friends....anybody who will help. Lay it down on the line for him, inform him that he will not come around her again. If she lives with him, get the guys to go over there and move her stuff or his out.
  • Melinda, do whatever you can to get it through to your sister that if he is abusing her physically, he will not stop. If she continues down this path things could escalate to the point of serious injury at any time and he will not stop doing it without some serious therapy.

I don't necessarily agree with the group confrontation as he could wind up doing serious harm if he gets alone with her again after.

If she will not listen to what you have to say, talk with the rest of the family to see about finding some sort of resolution.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:

I don't necessarily agree with the group confrontation as he could wind up doing serious harm if he gets alone with her again after.

If she will not listen to what you have to say, talk with the rest of the family to see about finding some sort of resolution.

Probably wise to listen to Lyndon on this matter. Keep in mind that I am an in shape 19 year old male. Psychologically this is equal to invincibility, sometimes I feel bullet proof. Several things could go terribly wrong.