Goofy Six-Axis problem.
  • So here's what happened today. I inserted a PS3 game into my PS3. I was on the Cross Media Bar main page. The game loaded correctly, but my controller seemed to lock up instantly. The only operable button on the controller was the "PS" Button in the center on the controller. Thus, I could not move left and right on the cross media bar. I could do nothing but press the PS button over and over, aimlessly :rolleyes:.

So, after doing the repetitive steps of plugging in the charging cable, resetting the system, resetting the controller, resetting my brain, and beating the controller against the wall, I finally tried a different approach.

I plugged my USB keyboard into the PS3 and tried to navigate left and right on the Media Bar. This worked. So, I clicked on my game and loaded it up. When I got to the game's 'Main Menu', I picked up the controller again and tried to navigate. NOW it was working in game. What sense does that make?

Anyway, I then went in reverse, and headed back to the Cross-Media-Bar, expecting the controller to stop working again once I was back there. The controller now works on the Media Bar as well.

What in the living h...

I thought I was in for another warranty submission. I need to buy a 2nd Ps3 controller anyway, but I wasn't planning on doing that tommorow.

Is anyone else having weird problems like this with their Six-Axis controllers? I know I am constantly having to "RE-Pair" my controller with the system, because it forgets what the heck it is or something... I hate those 4 flashing red lights. They make me so mad.
  • its happened two me twice during an online match on fight night i thought they were cheating or something but it still works fine and i didnt reset anything.
  • GRIM413 said:
    its happened two me twice during an online match on fight night i thought they were cheating or something but it still works fine and i didnt reset anything.

What did you experience with your controller? Same things as me?
  • yeah pretty much. i started a match and the person i was fighting paused the game right when the bell rang to fight in round one i waited awhile then he unpaused only to pause again quickly when he unpaused again my character wouldnt move and none of the buttons were working except the ps button so he knocked me out in the first round when the screen went back to the lobby the buttons started working again so i jumped in another match and the controls were working until mid-fight when they stoped and i lost again i was angry and turned off the system and didnt look at till the next week and its been fine ever since.