Firmware Version 2.0 Out Soon
  • Thanks for posting this! I don't know why it would be update 2.0 and not 1.80. I must say, each Firmware update has been a nice upgrade to the system.

I like what I read about the RSS feed thing, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Being able to see the xmb while playing sounds really cool too!

The best part I read though, was that you'll be able to pick a photo for your avatar. I'm gonna have fun with that :D.

Still - I want to be able to change my PSN username someday. I never knew I'd be stuck with it when I signed up...
  • sounds great, can't wait to get the update
  • We would prefer not having links to other forums please, chrissyboy. Kinda defeats the purpose of us having one. ;)

Most of what has been said about 2.0 is speculation from several less than accurate web sites. Until we can get word from Sony themselves take it with a shaker full of salt. I've seen this story with a supposed source of Sony's press-only area. I happen to have access to there and there was nothing about firmware updates at all.
  • Well, this "rumor" has run the mill, found its way onto all of the Playstation websites, and we can't pretend that other forums don't exist. Rumors usually don't make it that far.

If it was just a rumor, it was well thought out, as many people have commented. And Sony's PS3 unofficial blog made a post about it, so they are obviously aware of it.

If they weren't working on an update that addressed all of that, they sure as heck are now. They see the stir it caused, they aren't completely clueless.
  • There is no doubt those features listed are being worked on- having them all come out at once like that is another story. I'm highly doubtful that the majority of the features listed in the rumor will come when 2.0 is released- some will but not all.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    We would prefer not having links to other forums please, chrissyboy. Kinda defeats the purpose of us having one. ;)

Sorry about that:redface: