did u know that ps2.....
  • did u guys know that ps2 was still the top seller wile xbox 360 and the wii came out ,it wast the top seller till ps3 came out
  • Yepp n the PS2 remains to be the top games console seller of all time, with 115.36 million 'and rising' consoles sold. The PS one was close behind at 102.49 million sold.

And it remains to this day that the PS2 is still selling more consoles each day than each next-gen console, (PS3,360,WII).

In europe PS3 is the most successful launch console 'ever'' with the wii and the 360 losing out because of the low numbers of consoles both companys shipped for their launch days ....
  • I am very happy to say that, once again, I have contributed to that rising number just last week! :clap: When my son moved out he didn't have any place to put the old ps2 so I humbly held on to it for him. It was a sacrifice, but ya know, ya do for your children whatever they need for you to do. ;) However, he has since figured out how/where to put it, so instead of giving him the old clunky model, I thought it best to purchase a new sleeker model for him. I am such a wonderful and loving Mom!!:p
  • I am very happy to say that, once again, I have contributed to that rising number just last week! When my son moved out he didn't have any place to put the old ps2 so I humbly held on to it for him. It was a sacrifice, but ya know, ya do for your children whatever they need for you to do. However, he has since figured out how/where to put it, so instead of giving him the old clunky model, I thought it best to purchase a new sleeker model for him. I am such a wonderful and loving Mom!!

Wow!!!! what people will do for their kids these days :o .. lol nice one susan, i think a heck of a lot of people are buying PS2'S because their old ones are breaking and they want to swap for the slimline versions, hey thats what i will do if my old PS2 breaks... (as the PS3 still doesnt play half of the PS2 games ive got) :mad:...
    Anyway do you think any of the new consoles will beat the record the PS2 has set, i mean i think it will carry on rising till the PS2 hits around 150+ million consoles sold.. (imagine the profit sony has made) ;)

I dont think the Wii will do it i think its up to the 360 or the PS3, but i still dont think any of those will make it to 100 million !!!!! :confused:
  • robcoxy said:
    ...I dont think the Wii will do it i think its up to the 360 or the PS3, but i still dont think any of those will make it to 100 million !!!!! :confused:

Give it another few years and the Ps3 will do it. Just think...the people who currently own the PS2, majority of them probably owned a PS1, so they upgraded, when the PS2 price was reasonable, so when the PS3 price is reasonable, a big proportion of those people will most likely upgrade again to PS3, taking the console on toward the magical numbers PS2 has sold.
    Granted it'll take a few years, but mark my words, it'll happen. Especially as all TV's being bought in the next few years will all be HDTV's due to that technology being brought in more and more.
    So, give it a few years (upwards of 5 at the very most) and the PS3 will be the number 1 selling console of all time!!!!!

And NO I do not work for Sony, before anyone suggests it :p
  • Give it another few years and the Ps3 will do it. Just think...the people who currently own the PS2, majority of them probably owned a PS1, so they upgraded, when the PS2 price was reasonable, so when the PS3 price is reasonable, a big proportion of those people will most likely upgrade again to PS3, taking the console on toward the magical numbers PS2 has sold.
    Granted it'll take a few years, but mark my words, it'll happen. Especially as all TV's being bought in the next few years will all be HDTV's due to that technology being brought in more and more.
    So, give it a few years (upwards of 5 at the very most) and the PS3 will be the number 1 selling console of all time!!!!!

And NO I do not work for Sony, before anyone suggests it

Hmmm, good point !!!!!!!
    Even though from what ive seen most people who have had a PS2 have swapped for a 360 because mainly the price....

But like you said when the price of the PS3 is more reasonable that all may change.. but as the xbox 360 elite is being talked about many people may decide to get a 360 elite than a PS3, bringing numbers down pretty dramatically!!!!!
    Yeah, hd technology is the way forward ,and everyone will soon be faced with the blu-ray-hd-dvd choice and the PS3-360 choice... i wonder what will happen...

I think the PS2 has set an almost unbeatable record but !!!!! ive noticed more and more people are now purchasing a games console (than ever before) and getting interested in games as technology develops everybody wants a piece, they may not all be dedicated gamers but they will still have the console, sooo.. this may give the PS3 or 360 an advantage and bring the PS3 AND/OR 360 into 100 million + selling territory in about 5 years or so as you said jason !!!

Also many people have said to me the PS3 is too hardcore for the majority of gamers, i replied 'wait till its bin out for more than 5 mins and had a chance to get some more kiddier and 'relaxing' games on its board and a heck of a lot of younger gamers will be queuing up for the king of consoles the PS3 !!
    Anyway we'll just have to wait and see ........... (i want a time machine Sony you can build one right!!!) lol .......
  • i must be the only person in the world that still has not up graded to a ps2 :(

oh well il probly buy 1 off my frend who has 3 ps2's wen he get a ps3 lol
  • YAY Waiting on a ps2 from ebay to come.

now just to show how lil i know about ps2's they can play dvd's right?

lol
  • Wow martin finally youre getting one LOL. Good on you. ;) :D

And YES, PS2s do play dvds. :D

What games are you planning to get for your PS2??? :confused:
  • it came 2day in the mail i just set it up and im playing driver2 but i wat to get games like grand theft auto, driv3r,path of neo,agent under fire and some racing game but mainly shooting games

going to my frends l8r he is gonna lend me some ps2 games
  • i recon the only reson my mum let me buy it was coz we dont hav a DVD player
  • Yeah and play2 is my favorite video game console of all time more then 115 million people around the world agree.
  • it came 2day in the mail i just set it up and im playing driver2 but i wat to get games like grand theft auto, driv3r,path of neo,agent under fire and some racing game but mainly shooting games

Yepp all good games except driv3r, believe me m8 its a bit of a let down. :(
    I would reccomend gran turismo as your racing game, and maybe timesplitters as your shooting game,(it depends what kind of shooter you want). There are plenty of great ones out there...

But the choice is yours... :)

Yeah and play2 is my favorite video game console of all time more then 115 million people around the world agree.

Fair enough, but what do you think of the PS3 :confused:
  • The PS3 could top the PS2 its gonna be a hard task but with all the the features its way better then what the PS2 was 6 months later after the launch.
    PS3 is going to get better and better overtime thanks to the firmware updates just like the PSP.
  • i liked driv3r but the i've only played it once.

my mums got this fing about MA games even thow she has seen me playing grand theft auto but she don want me playing them for some wako reson so ill be geting driv3r eny way coz its the closest to grand theft auto i can get.

ps

MA is the 15+ perental gidence rating.

in aust we hav G=general PG=perental gidence M=mature MA= 15-18 need parental gidence and R= 18+
  • The PS3 could top the PS2 its gonna be a hard task but with all the the features its way better then what the PS2 was 6 months later after the launch.
    PS3 is going to get better and better overtime thanks to the firmware updates just like the PSP.

Yepp, exactly what im thinking..
    All the PS3 haters out there are moaning about the PS3 not being much better than the 360. Its just launched for christ sake, around winter time some of the PS3s potential will be unleashed! Home, LittleBigPlanet and all the big exclusive game titles are gunna WOW everyone, and yeah its just gunna keep getting better and better. The Firmware updates are a stroke of genius, they give Sony the Freedom to improve and repair any aspect of the PS3 in a quick and easy manner.
    I dunno if the PS3 is gunna top the PS2 though, i mean 115 million consoles "and rising", sold. The PS3 is gunna need a major price drop to attract that many people... £400 is worth it in my opinion though...

i liked driv3r but the i've only played it once.

my mums got this fing about MA games even thow she has seen me playing grand theft auto but she don want me playing them for some wako reson so ill be geting driv3r eny way coz its the closest to grand theft auto i can get.

ps

MA is the 15+ perental gidence rating.

in aust we hav G=general PG=perental gidence M=mature MA= 15-18 need parental gidence and R= 18+

Its your choice mate driv3r isnt a bad game, but i just dont think its a good game either. :) If you cant get GTA though driv3r isnt such a bad choice.

Mums only have your best interests at heart, you should listen !!!!! :)
    Or just play it round your mates house for as long as you can......;)
  • Yeah Firmware updates are one hell of an idea i mean Sony listens to what PS3 players wants then works hard to put them on the next firmware updates its happening with the PSP and im sure PS3 will follow.
    I am sure once Home hits the PS3's this fall the service will keep on improving with time via Firmware updates too.
    with every new firmware update it makes the PS3 value even higher i mean its now ah upscaling dvd player just watch Advent Children on your PS3 and its like HD or play GT4 or God of War ect.
    its really amazing.
  • Yeah Firmware updates are one hell of an idea i mean Sony listens to what PS3 players wants then works hard to put them on the next firmware updates its happening with the PSP and im sure PS3 will follow.
    I am sure once Home hits the PS3's this fall the service will keep on improving with time via Firmware updates too.
    with every new firmware update it makes the PS3 value even higher i mean its now ah upscaling dvd player just watch Advent Children on your PS3 and its like HD or play GT4 or God of War ect.
    its really amazing.

Yeah, i wasn't expecting the firmware 1.8, its really awesome that they've done that it really makes the PS3 even better and worth its value. The PS3 now does just about everything i want.... :):)
    I cant wait for Home either its guna be amazing, there are some truly great things to come. :)
    Awesome !!!!! :D
  • yer i play GTA all the time at my cuz's house she has seen me play it i dont think she knows its MA
  • im realy pleased with this thred ty for the good rating guys
  • yer i play GTA all the time at my cuz's house she has seen me play it i dont think she knows its MA

LOL. :D

im realy pleased with this thred ty for the good rating guys

No problem. :)
  • I'll make a sticker with M on it and stick it over the MA simbol on a GTA:D :D

what she dono can't harm her lol:)
  • martin jd said:
    I'll make a sticker with M on it and stick it over the MA simbol on a GTA:D

what she dono can't harm her lol:)

Lol :D , good idea u should do that, go for it mate. ;)
  • lol :-) i will

ps

SOM1 CHANGE THE 16 LETTER THING I HATE IT
  • lol :-) i will

ps

SOM1 CHANGE THE 16 LETTER THING I HATE IT

:D :D :D

And what 16 letter thing ??? :confused:
  • if you type less that 16 letters u canot post wat eva you've typed
  • Really oh ive never noticed that ,LOL.

Thanks for telling me. :D:D