Best School Bus EVER.
  • [CENTER]image
    [/CENTER]

Ben Cohen, in green jacket, shows schoolchildren his 'Topsy-Turvy Bus' in Burlington, Vt., Wednesday, May 16, 2007. The Topsy-Turvy Bus is being driven across country toward New Hampshire, and later this year to Iowa, joining a campaign that's urging presidential candidates to increase investment in families and communities by shifting Pentagon spending to programs that build strong communities. The bus is a project of the Priorities Campaign, headed by Cohen who co-founded Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. (AP Photo/Toby Talbot)OK, I don't know why they did it exactly, but I just thought it was pretty cool looking :D. How bout you?
  • I think that is one of the most interesting vehicles I have ever seen, though I agree, I can't see the why of it either. Sure is an attention-getter though, huh?
  • I don't understand why either. I would think adding that much to the top of the car would make it top heavy and give the bus problems with rolling over. Plus I'm sure it would be a hazard too. People would spend more time looking at the car and less time paying attention to driving. That can't be good for children getting on/off of the bus.

It does look cool though :p
  • Ya know, it just hit me. I'm guessing the why of it is because it is such an attention-getter. Makes a twisted sort of sense (for those who don't take into account that it's a bus carrying children). Just like you said, some people are probably paying more attention to looking at the vehicle than their driving and might easily miss a teeny little person getting off the bus.
    Maybe the added design up top is fiberglass or something that is not very heavy, I'm sure the designer(s) of the thing took that into account. Though, if that thing were in an accident and rolled, the extra head room up top could save lives.

If they really wanted to grab attention with a vehicle like that, they might have used a different sort of vehicle that didn't involve putting children in danger... like maybe a fleet of Limo's specifically for carting lawyers around! :p heeheeheeheeee (gosh I hope we don't have any lawyers in the forums here!) :bag:
  • Susan B STAFF said:
    ... (gosh I hope we don't have any lawyers in the forums here!) :bag:

I'll see you in court on May 23rd. Bring your best defense :p.

I didn't even think about the danger the bus would pose to those riding on it. I guess the cool factor would be diminished if someone were to get killed over it :eek:.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    I'll see you in court on May 23rd. Bring your best defense

Uh oh, I just knew it!! That only gives me 2 days to prepare!!:huh: Can we make it May 23 of 2008? :p
  • What if the bus rolled over onto the other set of wheels and kept going, that would be halarious.
  • Susan B STAFF said:
    Uh oh, I just knew it!! That only gives me 2 days to prepare!!:huh: Can we make it May 23 of 2008? :p

Yeah sure, that's cool with me. :) I need to go buy a new suit to wear to court anyway.

Mike C STAFF said:
    What if the bus rolled over onto the other set of wheels and kept going, that would be halarious.

Oh man... what do I have to do to make that happen?! Please let that bus come to N.C., then I'll find a way to roll that thing over ;)
  • I vote for this bus: Achewood - June 23, 2006

I wonder if the wheels on top spin on axels? And if they got into a tight tunnel, whether it would drive around in spirals? AWESOME.
  • I dont care what anybody says, that bus is pimp tight, and id drive it everywere i went (if i didnt flip it first, but i guess if you flip it youd land on all four wheels anyways?)