Pre-Order Manhunt 2 & Offend Jack Thompson.
  • [CENTER]image

Someone posted this on another game site. They saw it in an HMV store. It is a pre-order box for "Manhunt 2", and a clever employee must have slapped this sticker on all of the boxes.

If you don't know who Jack Thompson is, consider yourself lucky. But if you'd like to know him better, feel free to google away. Basically, he just thinks that all video games are evil - that's all.

I loved seeing this though ;).
    [/CENTER]
  • That employee had a bit too much free time on his hands, I'd say. I'm also guessing the employee maybe forgot about the settlement between Thompson and Take Two, which prevents him from making any further charges against the company regarding the gamest they put out.
  • Yep Lyndon, that employee probably does have too much time on his hands, or else is a lot more creative with his use of the time he has than I would think of being. My guess would be that he hasn't forgotten about the settlement, he simply doesn't care, he's got his own personal agenda here, and it's all personal. Or perhaps the idea is that Mr. Employee here is fully aware of the facts of the settlement, and knowing that Mr. "Batman" Johnson can't do a thing about it, it would tick him off even more knowing that the sales are skyrocketing (even pre-sales) and he can't touch 'em.
    That being said, I must also say that I like those stickers and think that they are super funny!!
    I have never made it a secret that I, too, am a Christian, but good gravy, that guy is a loon!!! He has said that "...in every shool shooting, we find that the kids who pull the trigger are video gamers." Brilliant deduction there Batman!! Try to find a handful of kids in this country who are not video gamers!! You'd have better luck shooting an arrow into the air and missing.
    You might also make the connection between shooters and clothing manufacturers, because I'd bet that every one of 'em were wearing something, too.

Ok, stepping down off the soapbox here before my blood pressure gets any higher.

Good show, MC, and good thread!!
  • thats soooo funny!!!!!!!

I cant wait to get my mits on this!!
  • Susan B STAFF said:
    Try to find a handful of kids in this country who are not video gamers!! You'd have better luck shooting an arrow into the air and missing.

Good show, MC, and good thread!!

Good points, and thanks. Jack Thompson will at some point realize that he is defeated. The videogame world is much bigger, and more widespread than he could imagine. The guy already gets death threats in the mail, so you'd think he would have given up his campaign by now. If he isn't attacking Rockstar, he just moves on to another game.

Settlement or not, we will unfortunately be hearing more from Thompson. I just won't be listening.
  • Jack Thompson reminds me of Howard Beale in Network, albeit a more crude and wrongheaded version.

"I'm as mad as hell and not going to take it any more!"
  • Looks like you won't be able to get a preorder anytime soon- manhunt 2 is being temporarily shelved while they work out how to get the rating down to an M, seeing as none of the console makers allow third party games with an AO rating to be published. hard to say when this game will be available now (if at all).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Looks like you won't be able to get a preorder anytime soon- manhunt 2 is being temporarily shelved while they work out how to get the rating down to an M, seeing as none of the console makers allow third party games with an AO rating to be published. hard to say when this game will be available now (if at all).

Somewhere in America, Jack Thompson is sitting on his stack of gold bullion, grinning from ear to ear.
  • In the UK its been banned. My dad is gutted!!