Remebering an old PSONE game
  • First post, quick aloha to all the fellow playstation fans.:cool:

I am looking for an old PS game..and I cant think of the name, but I remember a great deal about the game.

It was a bit like pokemon, in the fact you had these creatures you trained. The game was centered around a town that was in front of a large tower that these creatures came from. You could enter the tower collect the creatures egg's and bring them back to your house to hatch.

The tower had changing levels, and the objective was to reach the top lvl. I believe that the tower would constantly change each time you made a trip in.

Battle was much like Final Fantasy tactics, you moved around on the grid except each time you moved a square, attacked, or did an action it was as though a turn had passed. As such enemy creatures moved when you did.

Also remember the ability to woe and even marry the local girls, but the US version of the game had that feature removed due to it not being "acceptable" for a 15year old to get married in the US at that time. While it generally still isn't "acceptable" it....angered me a bit, ~50 hours later to find my efforts in vein.(rant rant rant)

Anywho, that game had seen as much play time as my FF7 and FF8, but at a loss at what it was called. I appreciate your guys/gals help in helping me find it.
  • Welcome to APi.

Might the game your talking about be Jade Cacoon? I didn't play much of it, but I do remember it is a little like pokemon.
  • Also a good game but its not Jade Cocoon. cant remember its name for the life of me....and you don't dare have "Pokemon" as part of a Google search...thats askin for trouble.
  • Hmm Lyndon is good at searching for things like these, think he might be able to find the answer.
  • Best idea I have is Guardian's Crusade, Activision's first entry into role play games back in 1999. here's a small picture of the box art- look familiar? Didn't see anything in the descriptions around the web regarding wooing the ladyfolk, however. I know that was a part of the gameplay in Harvest Moon.

• Thanks Lyndon you helped me find it. While its not Guardians Crusade, you mentioned activision and thats all I needed. Looked at some PSX brands, combined a with a creature reference, few Search's later and I find it: Azure Dreams made by Konami.

Now to find it...ebay my old friend, while Im at it Guardians crusade looks to be fun have to see about that one.

Thank you Thank you. :)
  • Glad to be of service (even though I was a bit off target- RPGs really aren't my thing). Happy hunting!
  • I was looking at some old rpgs on ebay the other day. I saw Xenogears was going cheap I was thinking about buying it. I've always heard its one fo the best rpgs ever.
  • Daaaaaammmnnn. All these cool RPGs I've missed out on. Thanks for all the info, guys.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    I was looking at some old rpgs on ebay the other day. I saw Xenogears was going cheap I was thinking about buying it. I've always heard its one fo the best rpgs ever.

Don't know about "one of the best", really- the game is more cinematics than gameplay. When you do get to play it is great but sometimes you are sitting there watching for a long time before you actually get to do something.
  • Xenosaga was like that. I played the first one. I remember watching some 45 min long cinematic scenes.