Downloading from the Playstation Store
  • Right, currently I'm downloading Tekken 5 (full game) and it's at about 80%.
    I've then got 3 other things lined up, ready to download.
    Now my question is this: as it's now like 12:45am here (VERY late) I want to go to bed, so, if I turn my PS3 off now, will those items still be there ready to download when I turn it back on tomorrow, including the 80 something percent that my Tekken 5 has got to, or will I have to go and select them on the store to download again?

Also, can you still download things from the Store while Folding?

Please answer ASAP as I'm VERY tired and wanna go to bed -_-
    Jay
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Right, currently I'm downloading Tekken 5 (full game) and it's at about 80%.
    I've then got 3 other things lined up, ready to download.
    Now my question is this: as it's now like 12:45am here (VERY late) I want to go to bed, so, if I turn my PS3 off now, will those items still be there ready to download when I turn it back on tomorrow, including the 80 something percent that my Tekken 5 has got to, or will I have to go and select them on the store to download again?

Also, can you still download things from the Store while Folding?

Please answer ASAP as I'm VERY tired and wanna go to bed -_-
    Jay

Hey Jason. If you selected "Perform Download in Background" when you clicked the titles you wanted to download, they all queue up and will perform downloading in the background. You can turn off your PS3 and turn it back on tommorow to finish them tommorow. They will remember what position they were at and continue downloading then.

I am not 100% sure about the folding while downloading though. But your PS3 may just pause the downloads when you click "Folding@Home". It will not delete them. I just can't remember if it continues downloading while you are folding or not. Someone else will know the answer to that.

But yeah, if you're tired, cut off your PS3 and go to bed :) They'll still be there tomorrow when you want to finish dl-ing.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    But yeah, if you're tired, cut off your PS3 and go to bed :) They'll still be there tomorrow when you want to finish dl-ing.

You, my good friend, are a real gentleman. Thank god someone answered me; I feel like a ruddy zombie :mellow: lol
  • Jason F Staff said:
    You, my good friend, are a real gentleman. Thank god someone answered me; I feel like a ruddy zombie :mellow: lol

:p Glad I could help. Now go to sleep, Shaun of the dead.

Hopefully someone knows about the folding@home while dl-ing in background thing. I just cannot remember how that part works. Well, hopefully we'll have some cool stuff to download from the store tommorow, it being Thursday... anything but more MLB 06 Trailers.
  • No, you can't download from the store while folding. If you start folding while downloading, play a PS2 or PSOne game, or even watch a movie your downloads will pause (you get signed out while playing the PS2/PSOne games or watching movies). They will start up again once you are finished.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    No, you can't download from the store while folding...

Er, can I answer my own question as I've found out the answer.
    You CAN continue downloading while Folding. I started Folding again this morning and left it all day, and I've just checked and it HAD downloaded the last two or three things I had lined up for downloading.
    I had them set as Background Downloading though, maybe "normal" downloading doesn't work though while Folding? Dunno...:confused:
  • That is possible- however, if you don't put them to the background to download what i said above does hold true.