[Power-Problem] Auto-Shut Down
  • Hey.

While I was playing Fight Night Round 3, (of course), for PS2 on PS3, the whole system suddenly shut down itself. It was at night and I played only for about 45 minutes. The power button turned off and now the whole system won't turn on, and the disc is still in there.

When we try to press the button in the back to turn on the power, it doesn't work. We tried connecting the PS3 to another outlet in a different room, but that seems to not to solve the problem. All the plugs are plugged in and it still doesn't work.

Again, my PS3 system won't turn back on and it shut off yesterday. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

~Fight_Night_3 :(
  • I think you may have had some sort of power surge and it fried something inside. Time to give Sony a call and take advantage of that one year warranty of their's.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I think you may have had some sort of power surge and it fried something inside. Time to give Sony a call and take advantage of that one year warranty of their's.

Yup, I realized that after a while. I used a regular outlet instead of a surge protector outlet. We returned our PS3 and exchanged it for another, and we extended the warranty to 2 years. ;)

Sadly though, they couldn't get our Fight Night Round 3 out, but it's alright. :(

Thanks.