• Alright, so I'm new here and I checked the threads to see if anyone else had this problem, but I couldn't find it, so here goes.

I recently bought a refurbished PS2 along with DDR Supernova and DDR Extreme 2 and, of course, the mat and a memory card. I've played the games, saved things, everything works fine.

Today I went out and bought Kingdom Hearts 2 since I wanted more games other than simply DDR, but it won't work. The game loads and I get to the main screen where you choose new game or load, but when I try to use the controller nothing happens. I tried a different controller and that one didn't work either. So I assumed that something was wrong with the controller port, but when I put in a PS1 game, Spyro, it loaded and the controller worked and everything. So I'm just confused why the controller is working for that game, but not the one I just bought. And it's not like the game is faulty because it loads and everything.

Can anyone help?
  • When you try the controller with KH2 is the analog light on? If not that may be the problem. Try hitting the mode button so that the red light is on, showing analog mode is active. Some games won't work without the analog being on.
  • Yeah, I just tried that, but it made no difference. Ughhh, this is quite frusterating.
  • :D

Yay! I just thought I'd let you know that apparently my controller was just not working. I brought the game over to someone else's PS2 and found it worked w/ their controller, so I went out and exchanged my controller for another one and it works now.

But thanks for the help!