The simpsons road rage
  • I was considering getting this game for christmas, but then i read a review for it and they gave it 5 out of 10 and said that it was absolutly horrible. Has anyone played it? Is it really that bad? I am now considering getting Splashdown instead. Would this be a good idea?
  • I've only seen a rolling demo and not played the final version of the Simpsons, but it didn't look that bad to me. I'm not a big fan of that type of game and won't personally buy it, but if you're into Crazy Taxi and stuff like that, you'll probably enjoy it!

If ya not sure, you can rent it or always ask one of the staff at a games store if you can see it running and have a little play before you make any decisions.

:)
  • Well i am going to get splashdown instead, as it looks like an awesome game!
  • Splashdown is a better game. Still if ever in doubt give a game a single rental before buying it it will save people many disapointing purchases, and in the event you do want the game it cost you $5.00 insurance to make sure it was worth it.
  • I know this is an old topic, but others may be considering this game. I rented it from Blockbuster a few weeks ago. I am a big Simpsons Fan, so is my husband. We thought it was clever and addicting, for awhile. Then it just got harder and more frustrating. I am not a big car driving game fanatic, but I think this is better than average (at least it is entertaining). Not worth 50 bucks, though. I would get it if I saw it cheap.
  • I rented simpsons road rage and I really like it the graphics are not all that good but the game in it's self is fun. My best friend has splash down and the graphics are good but after a while it gets borring it reminds me of a new jet moto the one for ps1 but the water on it is the best ive seen so far.have fun!~!~! :2silly:
  • Simpsons Road Rage is a fun game. I rented it and enjoyed it thoroughly. It's alot like Crazy Taxi, if you have ever played that. It has a plethora of simpsons characters, and the in game quotes are a riot. The soundtrack gets repetative though. And the stearing can be hard at times. As you progress in the game it allows you to unlock new characters, and tracks. I had the pleasure of playing the game on New Years Day when a special "New Years Krusty Car" was available. I think it's a fun game to play, and it's great to share with friends (it does have a multiplayer mode)...but it's not the type of game that I would buy. But thats just my Humble Opinion.

Ryoga
  • I enjoyed playing the game. I love watching simpons on tv.
  • The controls and handling aren't very good, nor are the graphics, but mabye they wanted it that way to represent the 2D cartoon world of the Simpsons.

I'll suggest Crazy Taxi if you really want that type of game.

:D
  • Simpsons Road Rage is okay,but i suggest you get another game or rent it first to see if you like it.PM me if you get it cause i have cheats!
  • Is it strictly for driving fans, or does it have a wider genre?
  • Originally posted by mavm@Nov 29 2001, 02:50 AM
    I was considering getting this game for christmas, but then i read a review for it and they gave it 5 out of 10 and said that it was absolutly horrible. Has anyone played it? Is it really that bad? I am now considering getting Splashdown instead. Would this be a good idea?

I got this game for my birthday back in December. I am a big fan of the Simpsons and only played it for two days. Max Payne, Madden 03, and Hot Shots of Golf 3 are my favorites. :ph34r:
  • Well I rented it out then bought it because it was very addictive.
    For starters you can choose between basic simpsons characters before you can unlock anymore. They all have different cars and funny remarks during the course you drive.
    There are also later on in the game about 5 different tracks/neighbourhoods to choose from.
    The aim of the game is to fin simpsons characters that are spread out in a neighbourhood, then get to the destination in time, and recieve money fro driving that person, you then keep playing a clocking up money until you can choose to unlock another area or driver.
    It is really a very addictive game and offers a good 2-player function aswell.
    It also has 10 missions to play then at the end you can get a bonuse car.
    I thought it is excellent, and would recommend it to any driving car fan, or simpsons fan. Its just a great game overall. :lol: :lol: :lol: