downloading new user icons for ps3
  • I was just wondering how to download new user icons for ps3. the basic ones are pretty lame, I did see some new ones when i first connected to the internet and the ps store, but cannot find them again. I know there out there like the smiles, but dont know where to get my hands on them. Can you help with this? You would think it was a simple request huh?

thank you
    Heeb95
  • heeb95 said:
    You would think it was a simple request huh?

Yes, you would :p. But unfortunately, it seems that Sony is taking their time making more. The selection has not changed in a very long time (Maybe since the PS3 came out). Xbox has "Picture Packs"... I think that is an idea Sony should steal.

I want new icons as much as you... wish they would add some.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...I want new icons as much as you... wish they would add some.

Personally, I'd prefer to be able to upload my own pictures as well as download new ones from Sony :D
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Personally, I'd prefer to be able to upload my own pictures as well as download new ones from Sony :D

You know, I've thought about that in the past... I just don't think Sony would ever allow that. I could see a lot of Vulgar images being used as people's avatars, and I don't know if they would like to deal with that :eek:, on top of their other problems. I'd love to be able to use a custom icon though, for sure.

But yeah, either way, I'm tired of my avatar on the PS3, and every time I check to see if new ones are out, I am dissapointed to find the same old stuff. I mean, why not have 10 Little Big Planet avatars, some Lair ones, maybe even some GTAIV ones. Why not promote games if you have the opportunity? Sony does things in a very weird way :confused:.
  • [b]It would be nice to be able to use custom pics for the avatars but it won't be happening too soon, i think. For now we'll have to stick with the selection Sony gives us (considering there's over 100 to choose from you should be able to find something that half-strikes your fancy at least).
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    You know, I've thought about that in the past... I just don't think Sony would ever allow that. I could see a lot of Vulgar images being used as people's avatars, and I don't know if they would like to deal with that :eek:, on top of their other problems. I'd love to be able to use a custom icon though, for sure...

A simple way of doing that? Making it so the picture has to get checked and then accepted before being allowed to be used.

Would take quite a bit of man power but it's possible. Of course, if there was a program that would automatically detect the acceptability levels of uploaded custom avatars then that would be even better.
    I'm sure Sony could manage that, big multi-billion pund company like then.
  • Though I would like to upload my own personal icon, I would like to be able to upload at least one of those 100 Lyndon M STAFF is talking about. How can i do that?
  • If you mean upload them here you won't be able to. Those avatars I talk about up above are set up in the options of the PlayStation 3 to use beside your PSN name in the Friends menu. They aren't available to use on the forums.
  • Personally Lyn, I thought heeb meant that. I was gonna answer how to give himself a picture for his PS3 name, but couldnt remember exactly how I did it, lol :laugh:
  • It's easy to use a custom pic for your name in the Users menu- just have the picture on the drive and 9while logged in as that user) hit triangle and select "edit". You'll see the option to use a custom picture on the screen. Just select that, select the picture and you are done.

This only works on the Users menu so the only ones that will see it are those right at your home. As I mentioned above you can't use a custom picture in the Friends menu.