Motorstorm update?
  • Do any of you guys know if Sony intends to bring an update of motorstorm with possibly a 2 player mode?:confused:
  • The devs did say that if demand was there they would consider adding two player splitscreen play. They didn't include it at first due to the performance hit the game took when they tested it. Myself, i would say they will likely save that for the inevitable sequel (just my own opinion).
  • Thanks for the quick reply, will be looking forward to see changes in next update!
  • Hi there I wanted to know if it is possible to download an update for MS without going online with my PS3 and then install it since that isn't really possible for me with my internet connection?
  • Afraid not- game updates are only available via download in-game and in the PlayStation Store. The only downloads they make available via the PC is firmware updates.
  • i've downloaded the new firmware 1.82 on my pc but when i've saved it on my m-stick to put on my ps3 the ps3 cant find it

can anyone help please
  • Doing the firmware updates requires a specific folder setup on the memory stick/ thumb drive for the PS3 to see it. I have an explanation pinned to the top of the PS3 hardware help section- you can go directly to the thread here.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Doing the firmware updates requires a specific folder setup on the memory stick/ thumb drive for the PS3 to see it. I have an explanation pinned to the top of the PS3 hardware help section- you can go directly to the thread here.

Hey Lyndon, its looking like you have to do this with Videos saved on an SD card as well... am I right with that?

See, I downloaded some videos from the PS3's internet browser onto my SD Card that was in the PS3. When I went on the XMB to the "Videos" area, it said no videos were on my SD Card. Maybe they were unsupported, or maybe I had to make a new folder, I don't know...
  • You did remember to highlight the SD card, hit triangle and select "show all files"?
  • I'll add my 2 cents that Motorstorm should have a 2 player split screen mode.

To be honest, I wasn't too interested in the write-ups of the game in the beginning when I got my PS3 back in May. But after I downloaded the MotorStorm Demo from the Playstation Store, and played it with my 8-year old in splitscreen mode. I went and Bought the game!

Imagine my surprise when I couldn't find the 2 player splitscreen mode in my new game! I kept thinking I'll need to 'qualify' and unlock it. I eventually searched Google to find out the developers and Sony _LIED_. There Isn't a 2 player mode like they advertised. It's still a fun game, but not what I expected, to say the least!
  • demo was a bit funky and plenty of playstation store purchases available is it worth getting?