Transformers
  • well as my first post I'll address a subject near and dear to my heart: Transformers. I've been a TF fan since I was 4 and got Optimus Prime for Christmas. I still collect the toys, especially the reissues and classic lines (Have you seen the new Soundwave reissue? Friggin sweet!). I have all 4 seasons of G1 and all 3 seasons of Beast Wars, in my opinion the best of all the series that have aired.

I have been psyched for this movie since I heard of it a year or so ago. Since then I did not follow any of the fan rumor sites or watch any trailers. I was let down with Star Wars since I did follow the rumors and see any production pics I could. When I caught a glimpse of the faces of Megatron and Optimus I began to get a little leery of the movie. They just weren't what I remembered from the toys and cartoons and comics. But after the first 5 minutes I was hooked, but then got bored when the humans got in the way. The CG was seamless and I could watch them transform over and over again (though I do miss the original sound effect). All in all I was exceptionally happy with the movie and can't wait to see it again.
  • First of all let me give my congratulations for deciding to join the Number 1 Sony Console Third-Party Forum on the entire net, Absolute-Playstation.
    So welcome to the place Voxel, I hope you enjoy your stay, and well done for plucking up the courage to post your first post.

Usually you'd get a message from the Buddy Squad but they couldn't be bothered :laugh: haha. Nah, seriously, they'll reply in due course and so will the rest of the staff at one point or another.

Now to the subject of your post, Transfromers.

That sound effect that they make when transforming still rings in the back of my head. What a sound :)

Now, regarding the movie, this is one of the Summer bloackbusters I definitely HAVE to see, it looks brilliant!
    Optimus looks amazing, all shiny and everything :D

So what else do you like Voxel? What consoles do you own and what are your favourite games?

Once again, welcome to APi,

Jay
    Site Squad
  • I heard the movie was amazing. Im hopefully going to see it soon.
  • I was in to see the movie this afternoon. My expectations were a bit low as I was still unsure of some of Michael Bay's character redesigns. Suffice to say, i came out of the show very impressed. It's a good bit longer than i expected it to be- almost 2.5 hours long!

Guess I'll be adding another movie to the collection when it comes out in stores this winter. B)
  • I just saw Transformers. I loved it! The new camaroes are badass.
  • Transformers was by far the best movie i have seen in years, it was most definetly then all of the comic book movies, story line was great, CG was completely awesome
  • I saw the movie about 2 or three weeks ago.. Its cool! Although I had a hard time on distinguishing between the autobots and septicons while they are fighting.. ^_^v
  • Squall9999 said:
    I saw the movie about 2 or three weeks ago.. Its cool! Although I had a hard time on distinguishing between the autobots and septicons while they are fighting.. ^_^v

you must have been sitting on the bottom row?!?! how could you get them confrused!!
  • It looked as though the septicons were much bigger than the autobots. I never did watch much of the tv show, was it supposed to be that way?
  • Most of the Autobots were somewhat smaller than the Decepticons (do get the names right folks ;) ) in the original show. Optimus Prime, Jetfire and Ultra Magnus were among the biggest of them other than the combiners when joined together.