A bit of a change?!
  • Recently i picked up my PSP to get some time in and my screen was shattered, (I may have posted this already), but i was at my local gamestop to get another one, and being that my PSP broke a lil over two months ago, i traded in all of my games, but I noticed the DS was cheaper, and i could buy a used DS, with the new pokemon game for the total price of a PSP, so sad to say, i didnt get the PSP, but i did get the DS. and yes with the pokemon Pearl!!
  • :o JUDAS!!!!! How dare you swap a PSP for a DS?

Just messing with ya Som, personally I've got a DS as well as a PSP (and also a PS3, PS2, Wii, GameCube, and PC) so yeah I'm inundated with consoles at the moment, lol :laugh: (I did have an N64 a while ago but sold it, or traded it in or summot, I forget exactly).

As for the Pokemon Pearl games don't tell anyone, but I've got Diamond (ssssshhhhh :bag:)
  • Ive enjoyed my DS so for, the only thing i cannot stand is the power button, there has been so many times, that i accidentally turned it off so many times, and didn't save :mad:
  • sombulus said:
    Ive enjoyed my DS so for, the only thing i cannot stand is the power button, there has been so many times, that i accidentally turned it off so many times, and didn't save :mad:

I know what you mean there som, really annoys me the amount of times I've done that as well. What also annoys me is when I've been playing for ages and then it just switches off from low battery. I always try to keep the charger connected and plugged in now though.

So, is it the old styled DS (like I've got) on a new Ds Lite?

What other games you got if any?
  • What also annoys me is when I've been playing for ages and then it just switches off from low battery. I always try to keep the charger connected and plugged in now though.

Just thought i'd say when the PSP runs out of battery, when you turn it back on on the same game, its exactly how it was. :D Thats cool i thought and very useful.

Is the New Pokemon out in the UK yet Jay. I didnt notice, i like Pokemon :o actually i'm quite a big fan. Lol...

Are there many new Pokemon ???, and is it a completely new world/region ???
    Tell me some more on this pleaseeee jay. I may pick up a Ds just for Pokemon Diamond. Not pearl too girly Lol..... :laugh:
  • Well Diamond and Pearl are out over here in two weeks time (27th July I think).
    Yes it is a different region. it's the Sinnoh region. The number is now up to er summot like 500 and odd, i forget exactly now. You obviously need the likes of Fire Red, and Leaf Green, and Ruby, Saphire, and Emerald to "Catch 'em All".
    I got an import version, but shhh (don't tell anyone, ok?) lol.
    I got Diamond as well, Dialga is really cool.
    I used the Action Replay DS to get every single Pokemon.
    I think my team consists of Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, and two new ones called er er I froget :(
    They are all at Lv 100 as well so I'm really proud about that.
    A new feature is you are able to go "underground" a bit further into the game and, if you have wireless connection, you can search for other peoples "Secret Base", steal their flag and then get upgrades for your own "Secret Base", it's pretty fun that.

I think thats all I think of at the moment.

Jay
  • well the only game i have at the moment is pokemon pearl, but i have played meteos, and i want that game, it is extremely addicting, and some more shocking news fer ya, the ps3 was a lil out of my price range so i got a 360 premium off of ebay for like $200 but as soon as the price drops for the ps3 i will be getting one. in the underground function on the new pokemon, do you have to know the people or can people just come up to your base and infiltrate it? oh yea and my ds runs on red light for like an hour before it dies?
  • sombulus said:
    ...in the underground function on the new pokemon, do you have to know the people or can people just come up to your base and infiltrate it? oh yea and my ds runs on red light for like an hour before it dies?

The whole point is you try to find other peoples Secret Base, whether you know them or not.
    Besides, don't you think it would be better if you DIDN'T know them? Imagine what your mates would be like if they found out you'd just swiped their Secret Bases Flag, they would NOT be very pleased with you, lol.
    Doesn't matter if it's someone you don't know, because it's unlikely you'll ever meet that person in real life.
    So som, just go ahead and nick all those flags, just stay away from mine...or else...:laugh:
  • Jason F Staff said:
    The whole point is you try to find other peoples Secret Base, whether you know them or not.
    Besides, don't you think it would be better if you DIDN'T know them? Imagine what your mates would be like if they found out you'd just swiped their Secret Bases Flag, they would NOT be very pleased with you, lol.
    Doesn't matter if it's someone you don't know, because it's unlikely you'll ever meet that person in real life.
    So som, just go ahead and nick all those flags, just stay away from mine...or else...:laugh:

well i do like the idea of not knowing the people, but say there are just so many people playing and there become so many secret bases, that every wall is lined with them, and what is the point of the flag? and i buried a whole lot of jems around my base so i wouldnt lose them with a bunch of traps, i LOVE the whole trading online thing though, cuz you know.. your friends will brag about their pokemon but they will never trade you, but now its just bam you put it up and, and check it later, i gots all the main pokemon in the game now, i have never had that!!
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl sound awesome..... :D

I will hopefully pull out some extra money to buy a new DS and the game... Honestly, i know that it must be quite addictive as pokemon is lol, i really want this game... ;)

I love the idea of the secret base thing, sounds really cool. And 500 or so pokemon sounds like fun aswell, as long as a lot of them are new ones aswell..

Cant wait to create my own secret base, the ruby and sapphire 2s you could create were kinda crap. :o

I want this game....

Hey guys just remember. "Gotta Catch em all"............. "POKEMON" !!!!!!!
    Lol... :laugh: