I need help with speakers
  • Does anyone know anything about multimedia speakers? I wanna see how they sound with my t.v., but I don't know where or how to plug them in. To plug them into my laptop I just use the headphone jack, but my t.v. doesn't have one of these. Is there some kind of adapter I can buy?
  • My family's speaker system is actually wired into the TV like the PS2. You know, you just hook in the yellow, red and white male jacks to the females on the television.

You can try that, although I don't recommend it. It makes hooking up other things like gaming consoles difficult..because once you hook it up you get no sound so you have to have them both wired at once...very confusing.:eek:
  • You should be able to get an adapter at Radio Shack that would let you plug that into the red and white RCA jacks on your television. Just tell them what you are wanting to do and they'll know what you need.
  • Could someone help me out now? I got a Sharper Image catalog today, and my birthday is coming up in a month, so I'm definitely wanting this item (Click to view the details page):

[CENTER]image

I've never had/seen something like this, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My question is, if my laptop speakers are really "tinny" sounding to begin with, does this lap pad's speakers bypass my laptop's speakers altogether? That would be great if it did, but I don't know exactly how it works. All it says is that it is powered by USB from the laptop.

Anyone know? It sure would be nice for when I watch "Lost" on the laptop.

I appreciate the help if you can offer it. I am also going to try emailing "Pyramat", but that could take a while to get a response. You guys are more knowledgeable anyway ;)

[/CENTER]
  • I couldn't find anything about that pad on Pyramat's site- all gaming chairs/ loungers.

Anyway, yes- this will bypass your laptop's speakers altogether, sending the audio through the USB to the speakers on the pad (similar to using USB headsets).

One thing to note is this is powered by your laptop through the USB cable, meaning your computer's battery life may shorten- by how much, I can't say with any certainty.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I couldn't find anything about that pad on Pyramat's site- all gaming chairs/ loungers.

Anyway, yes- this will bypass your laptop's speakers altogether, sending the audio through the USB to the speakers on the pad (similar to using USB headsets).

One thing to note is this is powered by your laptop through the USB cable, meaning your computer's battery life may shorten- by how much, I can't say with any certainty.

Thanks for the help. I don't know why it isn't listed on their website yet... it's just a new product, I suppose.

So, do you think that by bypassing my laptop's speakers, I will get better sound, or are my tinny sound problems due to the soundcard on the laptop? I don't know enough about it, to know if it's my speakers, or the soundcard, or what.

I'm not worried about the battery life too much... I usually keep it plugged in.
  • the sound would definitely be improved over the stock laptop speakers. i would think a set of quality headphones would be cheaper though. ;)
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    the sound would definitely be improved over the stock laptop speakers. i would think a set of quality headphones would be cheaper though. ;)

Cool, thanks for the info.

I know this thing is expensive... again, that's why it's gonna be on my birthday list. lol, I was having a hard time coming up with anything, so this should work.
  • Hey Lyndon, would you believe the makers of that laptop speaker deal will not reply to my emails? I sent the one, asking that question about bypassing my own speakers. Then after waiting several weeks (Even though you were kind enough to give me an answer, it bothered me that they didn't even try to reply), I sent them this kind email:

[CENTER]
    I don't appreciate you not answering the question I sent you. If for some reason I still decide to buy this item, is this the customer support I can expect to receive from your company? If so, don't expect me to "Tell a Friend" about Pyramat.

So yeah, I told them off ;) That was a week ago. Still, no response. What jerks. Well, I still need the stupid speakers though.

Anyway, just thought you should know how they acted.

[/CENTER]
  • Nice service they have there- i would forget them and find an alternate product if i were you.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Nice service they have there- i would forget them and find an alternate product if i were you.

Too late. I got the laptop pad for my birthday :D (I tend not to let things go. At some point I picked a different email address off of their website. I emailed the guy and told him of the poor customer service. I said other things too ;). After that I got 3 more replies, and finally received an answer to my question. I deleted them without responding. People are so annoying). Despite their horrid customer service, I just plugged her in, and tried out a Lost trailer on YouTube. It sounded a 100 times better than these rattling laptop speakers (I'll say it a thousand times, do not buy Toshiba).

What are you gonna do. The product is very nice, the speakers light up blue, they can run off of laptop or C/D battery power, so it's convenient.

I really like it. I'm going to persist and see what I can get out of Pyramat. Maybe a partial refund or something. Why am I like that? Because they are paid to answer my questions, and they didn't. It took 1 month to get a real reply, the one that Lyndon immediately gave me. Why don't you work as a customer service technician Lyndon ;)?

Also, last time I complained about this junk, I got a free Motorola Bluetooth headset out of it. It pays to complain sometimes.

What a waste of energy. On my part mostly.