help with ps2 (slim) online DNAS error -603
  • my question is im trying to hook my slim ps2 up online but i keep getting an error message

ok i got a router on my 3rd floor, router booster in my basement, and ps2 and linksy network gaming adaptor in my basement

i sucsessfully created and saved a network setting but when i go on my game (MLB07) and try to get online it says "DNAS error -603"

i am wondering i put in my IP adress, netmask, and default router codes fine but i guessed on my DNS and DNS secondary could this be why the error is occuring and if so do u know the numbers/codes to type in the DNS and DNS secondary?
  • Your DNS server numbers can be found in the router settings- go in there and you should see them on the Status page. Write them down and then go enter that into the PS2 network settings.
  • im really bad with tech stuff srry

how do i view my router settings?
  • Most routers have you put http:// followed by the router's IP address in the address bar of your browser. Once you do this and log in you can check and make adjustments as needed.
  • i tried but it didnt work
  • someone please help?
  • Can you tell me what router you have? Then i could look up and tell you the exact instructions to do what you need.
  • i found all the codes and entered them but it still says DNS error -603 what does that mean and what shoud i do?
  • i enabled the DMZ but this time a new error message came up -612 what does this mean? and what should i do?
  • There is one small error somewhere in your settings on the system. All I can suggest for the moment is to go back in and make absolutely sure you have everything as it should be. It doesn't take much to throw things off- even one number out of place can do it.

• on my router setup it says a different IP adress than my router stataus same with default router which ones should i use?
  • The router IP you need is the numbers you used to get to the router set up pages (192.168.0.1 for D-Link routers, for example). The other numbers you will need are the Subnet Mask (normally this is 255.255.255.0) along with the primary and secondary DNS Server addresses (both can be found on the router summary/ status page).

The problem may be dealing with the Linksys gaming adapter. This has to be configured by connecting to your computer first before hooking up to the PS2.Instructions on exactly how to do this were included with it.
  • on the router setup page it says

IP adress 192.168.1.100 os that right?

sub net 255.255.255.0

but i dont know what the default router is and on the router setup page it says static DNS 1: static DNS 2: static DNS 3: but there all blank do i suppose to fill in the DNS codes from the stataus section in these blanks?
  • also my DNS codes are

DNS 1: 68.87.71.226

DNS 2: 68.87.73.242

do u think these are right?

and i already hooked the linksy up to the computer and all that stuff iv been trying to hook this up since june
  • As I said up above the default router is the numbers you used to get to the router set up. That IP address you gave up above is more likely the address being given to your computer by the router- ignore that one. Going by that your default router's address should be 192.168.1.1 (this is the normal address for a Linksys router).

Those DNS numbers could be right- these are given by your internet provider. You could always contact them to make sure.

Now, you say you enabled the DMZ. Do you have your PS2's MAC Address? As I said up above you can find this in your PS2's system information on the browser page. Put this along with the IP address you plan to give the PS2 here (say, 192.168.1.147, just to make sure of no conflicts anywhere else) and once that is saved on the router put that same IP address into your PS2's connection setting.
  • should i enable the MAC ADRES on my router?
  • yes, you will need to enable it on the router,otherwise it wil be ignored.
  • ok i enabled it theres some code with letters and numbers in it
  • what do i do next?
  • That code with letters and numbers is a MAC Address.

I will guess that you have your PlayStation 2's MAC address there (I did tell you where to find it earlier).

Under the Wireless tab of your router you will see two selections to make- Prevent PCs below From Accessing and Allow PCs Below To Access. Select Allow. Now in the first available blank enter in the MAC Address of your PlayStation 2 (likely the MAC 02 blank as the first one would have your computer). Once you have that entered hit the Save Settings button at the bottom of the page. This should now let your PS2 access the internet through the router.
  • i found the MAC adress and entered it under the applications and gaming tab but i couldnt find the thing under wireless tab u wrote also do i enable the wireless MAC filter?
  • When clicking on the Wireless tab look just underneath in the blue area. You should see "basic Wireless settings", "wireless security", "wireless MAC Filter", and "advanced wireless settings". The third one is the area I was talking about. Here's a quick picture:

You should see the blue bit I was talking about just under the main tabs. That is the Wireless MAC Filter i was talking about. Enable that and add the PS2's MAC Address to that then save your settings.
  • I am having somewhat of the same problem setting up my slimline ps2 for online. Except, When I try to use the o nline start-up disc, nothing works, and when I try to set online up without the disc (using my Madden 07) all the system set up works, but when I try to connect it doesn't connect to the DSN Server. I'm not really sure how to set all the numbers up, and I tried looking at your (Lyndon M STAFF) guide on how to set it up without the start up disc, by using all the 'automatic' options, and still nothing works. I have all my IP address written down, but I'm wondering, my default gateway, my DHCP, and DNS servers all have the same numbers, in the exact same order. So now I am thinking that is the problem. Please, if anyone knows how to help me and to successfully set up my PS2 for online, chime in or shoot me a PM. I am no noobie to Forums, I belong to a lot of motorcycle off road racing forums. So I wont get confused with any PM's or things of that nature.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    When clicking on the Wireless tab look just underneath in the blue area. You should see "basic Wireless settings", "wireless security", "wireless MAC Filter", and "advanced wireless settings". The third one is the area I was talking about. Here's a quick picture:

You should see the blue bit I was talking about just under the main tabs. That is the Wireless MAC Filter i was talking about. Enable that and add the PS2's MAC Address to that then save your settings.

i did that yesterday but it blocked all my routers from my computers and now i cant get on the internet and my dad cant do his work for his job and hes mad

im at a libary computer and i need to9 know how to fix my router so i can get on the internet and play online now
  • Are you sure you selected the "permit PCs listed below to access" button? That's the only thing I can see keeping everything from connecting- you may have left it at "prevent".
  • i selected the permit PCs listed below selection but when i went to edit MAC adress nothing was listed there is this why it is not working?
  • Hey dude r u trying to go online with a pirated copy of the game cuz then its gonna b blocked by DNAS error
  • no i bought MLB07 at cuircuit city
  • lyndon

my router settings dosnt have any of my MAC ADRESSES listed is there any other way?
  • Your best bet on resolving yout error 603 would be to just call up your ISP and tell them that your having difficulties setting up your ps2 for online gaming, tell them what you have (i.e. a router, high speed modem, etc) and they will walk you through it.

That's what I did yesterday, I finally got tired of trying to get it set up, so I called up my ISP and had one of the troubleshooters there walk me through it. Apparently, all I needed to do was power down the PS2, pop out the ethernet cable out of my router from my modem, and into my ps2, than reset the modem, pop in the set up disc, than go to LAN settings, click automatic, and it assigned a new IP and everything worked. So if you want to save timem and your fed up with it, I suggest doing what I did.
  • [QUOTE=Lyndon M STAFF;44315][b]Can you tell me what router you have? Then i could look up and tell you the exact instructions to do what you need.

hey i have a question i have a motorrola surfboard cable modem and im trying to play slimline ps2 but my dns codes are not working can you please help me oh and my enthenet cable from the ps2 is hooked to touchstone telephony modem through charter please im begging you help me im wanting to play monster hunter live and im very bored. e-mail me back its [email]broly_brutality102@yahoo.com[/email] thank you and i hope you get the chance to read this.
  • hey so i dont mean to bother but i get the same dns error when bridging through my laptop when i diagnose the bridge i get this error

"Cannot comunicate with DNS Server (10.0.0.138)
    Network diagnose pinged the remote host but didnt recieve any answer"

how can i fix this thanks on beforehand
  • Cullen, instead of doing a bridge via your laptop you may find it easier to connect directly through your router.
  • yea i see what you mean but router is on second floor and im on 1st by the flatscreen so you see my dilemma don't have a open spot on the tv upstairs since its dads and he has put it in a glass cabinet
  • so could you explain what i have to do to fix the DNS error
  • While it would be a simple matter of routing a bit of ethernet cable from the router to the PS2 if your father doesn't want to make the small holes in the floor for this (they're really not noticeable, have it done myself here) you will want to check your internet connection sharing on the laptop. A Google search on that topic plus your computer's operating system (Vista, XP, and so on) will find lots of help in setting up. It is most likely something here that is making that error.
  • well i have hooked up everything as instructed on loads of sites i run vista business 32bit and everything should be alright but the error just keeps popping up

"Cannot comunicate with DNS Server (10.0.0.138)
    Network diagnose pinged the remote host but didnt recieve any answer"