Disc Read Error...
  • I've used 3 different clean games and all have had the same "Disc Read Error" problem...

I've opened it up and cleaned the inside (including the laser), and also tried adjusting the laser many times trying the find the right match, but none of it has worked...

If I could borrow some of your wisdom on this subject I'd really appreciate it!

• IS THERE ANY "SOUND" WHILE THE PS2 TRY TO LOAD THE GAME ???

Another thing I need to know: "Does it end-up with the PS2 Main Menu, or it doesn't show anything at all??"
  • I remember, with my first generation PS2 that I had, It did the exact same thing before it finally quit on me, and what I learned was, that believe it or not, if you turn the ps2 on with the game in it, than immediatly flip it upside down, that it will read the disc easier. Although this method wont work 100% of the time, it will make it easier to play games.
  • I'm not quite sure what you mean by "sound" , but the disk is spinning.

Also, it does go into the PS2 Main Menu, and i can access the memory cards.
  • That is somewhat odd, but I'm gonna give it try.

Thanks for idea =)
  • When it just goes to the main menu, that means its not going to read the disc, unless its either a brand new one, or if you try to fix it some how.

The "sound" they are talking about is just like a little ticking sound, when my first gen. ps2 had that problem I also noticed a clicking sound comming from it, from what it sounded like to me (because I was very young at the time) was the lense eye [or something like that] hitting and skipping off the disc.
    amazing what you think when your in 2nd grade :D
  • Back to answering the question about whether it makes a "sound"...

Nope...no sound
  • well usually when it makes the "sound" it has a higher risk of getting the disc read error message.

I'm not sure what to tell you when yours is getting the disc read error and not making the sound.
  • schwen_108 said:
    well usually when it makes the "sound" it has a higher risk of getting the disc read error message.

True !!
    What I mean with "sound" is: sometimes when you initiate a game, the disc spin BUT after a while we may heard some noise coming from the PS2 tray, ... it sounds like the machine has difficulty to initiate the game.
    If you hear any sound/NOISE, it means you need to check the whether the optic guide need lubrication. (WARNING: Unfortunately, you'll need to open the PS2 !)

schwen_108 said:
    I'm not sure what to tell you when yours is getting the disc read error and not making the sound.

This is possible & may be happening in PS2-Slim. All my friend in Indonesia call it : "the Classic Problem of PS2-Slim" :huh:
  • Btw, Have you try to load the game with DIAGNOSIS setting = ON ??
  • I don't get disc read errors with my ps2 and it's a slim. I've had mine ever since they came out. Literally, I got a ps2, than it broke, so when I took it back, they just got in the first shipments of the ps2 slim and I took one home that same night. They told me they just got through shipping and inventory.
  • mich said:
    Btw, Have you try to load the game with DIAGNOSIS setting = ON ??

No, I have not tryed that yet.

I'll give it a shot and see what I can get...Thanks
  • i've a ticking sound, so wat should i do next...
  • Run- it's going to blow! :o

Actually, something is amiss inside the tray, either the lens is misaligned or something else inside is making contact where it shouldn't. I would sugest having the system looked at before things get worse.