NES Controller Music Creation
  • This video might be a little too geeky for some, but I think it's alright.

What we have here is a dude who uses an NES controller to make music via his computer.

MIDI NES CONTROL (On Youtube)

The only thing that bothers me is that he doesn't show what program he uses to play the controller. He shows cables he uses to connect up to the computer to play with, but it all looks very expensive.

Well, it's worth a look though. It's pretty cool. ;) Hey, and someone reply if you like it, don't just leave me hanging.
  • While I did boogie down to that beat MCW, I'm kinda skeptical as to him just using the NES controller and a midi output for him to acheive that range of sounds.

It would seem to me that he probably recorded it on his keyboard and just plugged in the NES controller and pressed buttons to jam along with it. I have a keyboard that has about 60 some odd keys and it makes all those sounds.

Not to mention some of the tones change in the middle of it.

Like I said though, I did like it. I think I'm gonna dance to that routine sometime.;)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    While I did boogie down to that beat MCW, I'm kinda skeptical as to him just using the NES controller and a midi output for him to acheive that range of sounds.

It would seem to me that he probably recorded it on his keyboard and just plugged in the NES controller and pressed buttons to jam along with it. I have a keyboard that has about 60 some odd keys and it makes all those sounds.

Not to mention some of the tones change in the middle of it.

Like I said though, I did like it. I think I'm gonna dance to that routine sometime.;)

Good analysis ;) Well, like I said, I was skeptical too. I don't like how he kept the camera positioned on just his hands the whole time. Never showed what was really happening on his computer monitor.

About the tones changing in the middle of it, I have a theory. I noticed in one part of the video, the video kind of stopped and restarted, so he could have gone on the computer and changed the midi keyboard or whatever to a different set of tones.

It's getting harder to believe anything I see on the internet, so if he fooled me, I hate him :mad:. Otherwise, yeah, it was an OK song. I like Nintendo bleeps and bloops. Need more of that.