PS2 cannot recognize any controller other than standard ones
  • I recently bought a PS2 arcade stick, and my PS2 can't seem to recognize it even exists. It can read a normal Dualshock controller just fine, but it doesn't allow the rumble feature which I've never payed attention to in the first place. The arcade stick is the NAKIWORLD Ultimate Fighting Stick, and I have a first gen PS2. If there any way to fix this because I honestly can't afford a new PS2.
  • Was the arcade stick bought new or used? The problem may be the stick itself- have a look at the connector and make sure all of the pins inside are as they should be. I had bought a used controller for a friend which turned out to be useless due to a pin being missing.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Was the arcade stick bought new or used? The problem may be the stick itself- have a look at the connector and make sure all of the pins inside are as they should be. I had bought a used controller for a friend which turned out to be useless due to a pin being missing.

It's brand new, it has all of it's pins, and when I hook it up to a PS2 to PC adapter, it responds.
  • Hard to say what may be the cause then other than maybe the controller ports on the PS2 itself may be starting to act up. I would try exchanging for another stick first, however, in case it is the arcade stick.
  • I'm thinking it's the controller ports, mainly since the rumble feature doesn't work on any controller for my PS2. I will look into borrowing my friend's PS2 for a day and see if it works on that.