PS3 vs 360 (Next-Gen war)
  • Hey,

So as you probably know, there has been a lot of discussion as to which console out of Sony's PS3 and MS's Xbox 360, is:

1) The better Console....

2) The best value for money....

3) The best potential for future games..

Well my view is that for all of those points, the PS3 is the winner over the 360....
    I mean statistically the PS3 is the more powerful console.

Regardless of the high price tag, i think we are getting a very good price for what we are getting in the PS3, also considering it costs sony around $800-$900 to make each console....

And the potential the PS3 has got for future games, i think is extraordinary, and that is what i'm looking forward too. :D

So what are your views ???...

And also...
    What do you think are the main advantages and disadvantages of the PS3 and the 360 ????

I'm just going too put out my quick list of main differences/advantages that the PS3 i think has over the 360..... And then hopefully we may go into some detail.. ;)

1) Home :D (Watch the demonstration that Phil Harrison gave)...

2) PSN (Give it time)

3) The raw power. (Cell processors)

4) The Games. (Once the blockbuster games start coming, and exclusives)...

5) HDMI..

6) Firmware Updates...

And there are a lot more, that i just cant think of, so suggestions would help. Lol...

For the 360 the only advantage i can think of is:

1) The interactivity online and with the console in-game etc...

But like everything i think Sony will catch up in time, and and improve on every aspect of the 360, we know thats within its grasp....

So what do you think ? that was a totally un-biased outlook on the two consoles, from my perspective, please try to be the same.. ;)

PS: I know i've forgot the WII but i think thats a totally different console really, it has unique potential for the future that the PS3 and the 360 cant achieve, but i'm just thinking of the heavyweight gaming consoles here and the WII is totally different... I mean people will probably get a WII aswell as a PS3 or a 360, so theres not really that much of a contest there, i dont think.. As the PS3 or the 360 are like the main consoles...
    But feel free to omment about the WII aswell...
  • er Rob just a few tweaks need making me thinks.
    First of all, the next-gen war is now, so gues it makes it the current-gen war again :huh:
    As for reason 5 about the HDMI port, that can be struk off the list as well, unfortunately, because the Xbox 360 Elite (AND the special edition Halo 3 console) will have a HDMI port on the back of the console.

Anyways, apart from that, I agree that the PS3 is going to win overall. It will depend alot on, not only the first party games, but any third party games that are on both consoles. If they use the PS3 properly then they will end up being a LOT better than their 360 counterparts, it's if third party companies are not only willing to use that extra power, but will depend on how long it takes them to get to grips with what the PS3 can do.

What does everyone else think?

Please leave comments as well as posting in the poll.

Jay
    Site Squad
  • A poll asking "which is better" is somewhat useless on a forum that caters to just one of the systems, don't you think? ;) It's also kind of a "bait the trolls" type of thing- it's just asking for a flame war to start if not watched.

Speaking as one who has played both for a considerable period, however, i can say that (for me) the Ps3 is the better. You get a decent blu-ray movie player out of the box (while one has to buy the HD-DVD drive with the other guy), great games at a reasonable price in the downloadable area, no charge to play online and a variety of games in every genre out now or coming soon.

The PS3 is only in its first year of existence while the 360 has been out there for a few years now, meaning the 360 may soon be hitting its peak in regards to what can be done with it. They're only scratching the surface with the PS3.
  • I think it depends what you are looking for...

If its a pure games machine with online play, then right now my view is that the 360 offers more value for money and better games to choose from.

Hopefully if Sony deliver on what has been promised at E3, and also drop the price, then the race will be far closer this Christmas.
  • Xbox 360 is a pretty nice system and has some sweet games, but the PS3 is way more valuable. I recently played an Xbox 360 on a huge LCD HDTV that's capable of 1080p output and let me just say the 360 didn't look that great. I couldn't even tell it was in HD. So PS3 definitely wins in the HD category. Also, as soon as I found out the PS3 would offer it's online services for free I was bought. I'm not about to pay a monthly fee to play games online. Oh, and the 360 is much louder than the PS3. I'm a little worried though as Sony is getting sued over the PS3's Cell Processor and the company that's suing them wants all PS3s using the processor to be destroyed. That would suck supremely!
  • Whoa a lot of comments thanks guys.... :D

First of all, the next-gen war is now, so gues it makes it the current-gen war again

O yeah, i'm just so use to people talking about the PS3 and the 360 being next-gen consoles... Apparently though, according to a lot of people we havent seen a true next-gen game yet....... What do you think on that one ?

In other words what does a next-gen game contain, 1080p HD graphics ??? Addictive gameplay.....?? Hmmm.....
    Anyway we know that theres some amazing games to come...... ???

As for reason 5 about the HDMI port, that can be struk off the list as well, unfortunately, because the Xbox 360 Elite (AND the special edition Halo 3 console) will have a HDMI port on the back of the console.

Yeah i know... I was kinda just thinking about the premium 360, but we might aswell compare it to the elite, good point. :D Even though is it even out yet ????

Anyways, apart from that, I agree that the PS3 is going to win overall. It will depend alot on, not only the first party games, but any third party games that are on both consoles. If they use the PS3 properly then they will end up being a LOT better than their 360 counterparts, it's if third party companies are not only willing to use that extra power, but will depend on how long it takes them to get to grips with what the PS3 can do.

Yeah exactly. Developers need time to discover the full power of the PS3 and put it in their games, especially third-party developers, and this will take time and experience while working with the console... They wont get it just-right first time....
    First-party developers like Insomniac have already revealed how much extra they have found they can do with the PS3 while developing their second game for the console.... It just takes time and experienced developers...

So that means the games will just keep getting better and better, and more jaw-dropping on the PS3. As we say the PS3 is far from reaching its full potential while the 360 is just about done.. (The Elite wont make a lot of difference)..

A poll asking "which is better" is somewhat useless on a forum that caters to just one of the systems, don't you think?

Lol...
    Yeah i thought about that, but what i was really interested in was what you guys thought were the main differences between the two consoles... ;)
    But, anyway it looks like two people think the 360 is better ??????? .."cough" Jim..... Lol....

Speaking as one who has played both for a considerable period, however, i can say that (for me) the Ps3 is the better. You get a decent blu-ray movie player out of the box (while one has to buy the HD-DVD drive with the other guy), great games at a reasonable price in the downloadable area, no charge to play online and a variety of games in every genre out now or coming soon.

Yeah i agree... Nice comparison.......

The PS3 is only in its first year of existence while the 360 has been out there for a few years now, meaning the 360 may soon be hitting its peak in regards to what can be done with it. They're only scratching the surface with the PS3.

Exactly..... If we think its better now, imagine what the console and the first-party and third-party games are going to be like in the not-so distant future !!!!!!

If its a pure games machine with online play, then right now my view is that the 360 offers more value for money and better games to choose from.

I still dont think the PS3 is lacking in that department, at all... I think it offers everything on that side of things, and a heck of a lot more...

Hopefully if Sony deliver on what has been promised at E3, and also drop the price, then the race will be far closer this Christmas.

I think if Sony deliver on what they promised at E3, there will be no race Lol.....!!!

Xbox 360 is a pretty nice system and has some sweet games, but the PS3 is way more valuable. I recently played an Xbox 360 on a huge LCD HDTV that's capable of 1080p output and let me just say the 360 didn't look that great. I couldn't even tell it was in HD. So PS3 definitely wins in the HD category.

Yeah thats certain.... I dont think the Elite either will stand up to the PS3 graphics-wise never mind power and everything else that the PS3 has....

Also, as soon as I found out the PS3 would offer it's online services for free I was bought.

Oh yeah i forgot about that... DAMMIT !!!!!! Lol...
    Yeah that is a big advantage right there, it would be so annoying if you had too pay, i'm already going to be strapped for cash with all the games this year, and paying for online, would just tip me over the edge. Lol......

Oh, and the 360 is much louder than the PS3.

The quiteness of the PS3 just gives it that extra grace Lol......

I'm a little worried though as Sony is getting sued over the PS3's Cell Processor and the company that's suing them wants all PS3s using the processor to be destroyed. That would suck supremely!

I dont think that would be possible.. I dont think that could be done...
    But if it did happen everyone just wouldnt give it back, i wouldnt anyway, i'd hide it if i had too.......
  • Seen an article that gives some extra ammunition as to which is the better system (at least in regards to how well built they are). The guys over at the site PS3Vault put a PlayStation 3 through several stress tests. Each one went a total of 108 hours and covered doing various things (playing blu-ray movies, gaming, folding, etc.)

Test 1 was set in what would be a typical room with a temperature set at 73 degrees farenheit (roughly 20 C)-the normal enviroment for the system. Test 2 was done in the back of a freezer van at the starting temp of 50 F (10C) and dropped down to 0 F (-18 C). The final test was in a sauna at a starting temp of 100 F (37 C) eventually bumped up to 120 F (49 C).

Results of all 3 tests? The PS3 functioned perfectly through all 3 tests! The extreme cold and heat did nothing to affect the performance. So, if anyone asks you about overheating you can point them toward these findings. The PS3 is one very tough machine. B)
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Seen an article that gives some extra ammunition as to which is the better system (at least in regards to how well built they are). The guys over at the site PS3Vault put a PlayStation 3 through several stress tests. Each one went a total of 108 hours and covered doing various things (playing blu-ray movies, gaming, folding, etc.)

Test 1 was set in what would be a typical room with a temperature set at 73 degrees farenheit (roughly 20 C)-the normal enviroment for the system. Test 2 was done in the back of a freezer van at the starting temp of 50 F (10C) and dropped down to 0 F (-18 C). The final test was in a sauna at a starting temp of 100 F (37 C) eventually bumped up to 120 F (49 C).

Results of all 3 tests? The PS3 functioned perfectly through all 3 tests! The extreme cold and heat did nothing to affect the performance. So, if anyone asks you about overheating you can point them toward these findings. The PS3 is one very tough machine.

Woww, nice find Lyn...:D

Very Interesting............:)

Theres the proof:.....
    The PS3 really is the ultimate gaming machine....;) :D
  • robcoxy said:
    ...Theres the proof:.....
    The PS3 really is the ultimate gaming machine....;) :D

er, what Rob said...:laugh:

What about space? Have they tested it on the International Space Station yet? Imagine playing say R:FOM down here against an Astronaut on the ISS...WOW :o
    "Space...The Final Frontier..." hahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Could you imagine if you were playing in space and got mad and threw your controller. You'd never get it back, lol.
  • You SEE...Sony DID have logic to their madness when they first designed the 'Boomerang' Controller..it was in case the PS3 was to be played in space, throw the controller and it would eventually spin back to you via the moon...slingshot Apollo 13 style :laugh:
  • Lol....... :laugh:

Who knows how this topic got from "which console is better" too playing the PS3 in the ISS..... :confused:

Anyhow, i would love to do that, in the future. You know when Virgin and Easyjet can fly you to the moon, first class for only £9.99....;)

It could happen.... :)
  • oh yeah, and RightMove.co.uk will be selling and renting property on the moon as well.

"Why bring Moon Rocks home with you when you can have them in your back garden?"

That could be their Moon Statement :laugh:
  • :laugh: :laugh:

Catchy, i'd love to have moon rocks in my back garden.... ;)

On a serious note, as amazing as it would be, it must pretty scary out there into the big wide world....(I mean universe) :D...... Going into Space would be pretty extreme...........
  • robcoxy said:
    ...:D...... Going into Space would be pretty extreme...........

Pretty Extreme? Only if you went what we call Sky Diving but in space, so that would Space Diving right? Although, then again, I suppose it would actually end up being Space Floating wouldn't it? :laugh:

Ooh, just thought of a motto for a vegetable company.

"Moon Produce, the lighter way to enjoy your Vegetables" :laugh:

Anyway, going back to the PS3, I guess we've truly argued succesfully that the PS3 really is outta this world :)
  • Dear Lord, you two are Space Cadets, if I ever seen 'em!
  • Pretty Extreme? Only if you went what we call Sky Diving but in space, so that would Space Diving right? Although, then again, I suppose it would actually end up being Space Floating wouldn't it?

I guess..... Space Diving...... Floating....... Yepp definitely Space floating... :D

"Moon Produce, the lighter way to enjoy your Vegetables"

:laugh: :laugh: hehehehe

Anyway, going back to the PS3, I guess we've truly argued succesfully that the PS3 really is outta this world

Yeppp, i bet they have nothing like it on Mars....... ;)

Dear Lord, you two are Space Cadets, if I ever seen 'em!

Woww, you've seen a space cadet....... lol
  • ooh, maybe that song should be reworded just for us Rob, what do you say?
    "Ground control to Majors Jay and Rob..." :laugh: hahahahahaha :laugh:

As for the Mars thing, I bet they're like playing Playstation 3000s by now, nevermind 3s, lol.
    ]If you wait until like er December this year I think it is, you'll have more chance of being able to ask the residents of Mars what console systems they have.
    Something about the planet being closer to us in like two centuries i think it is.
    I read it on the NASA website.

If you wanna read it I'll go and get the link, hang on a sec...

2 more secs...

OK, I've got it, so the link to that story, if you wanna read it of course, is
    here.

OOH, I wanna meet a Martian on HOME.

Imagine meeting an alien on their and talking to them and playing like R:FOM or whatever against them.

Actuall forget that, I hope Jim and Lyndon show up on HOME...
    Who needs aliens when you can play against actual supposed GODS, lol :laugh:
  • ooh, maybe that song should be reworded just for us Rob, what do you say?
    "Ground control to Majors Jay and Rob..." hahahahahaha

I say it should be Major Jay........
    ...that would be a laugh :laugh:

If you wait until like er December this year I think it is, you'll have more chance of being able to ask the residents of Mars what console systems they have.
    Something about the planet being closer to us in like two centuries i think it is.
    I read it on the NASA website.

By the time you read this sentence you'll be 25 miles closer to Mars......

Now 50 miles closer...

Now 75 miles......

100 miles....

Hey, i think i see it........ Oh no forget it...... :laugh:
    (Theres a little of the story for you..)

OK, I've got it, so the link to that story, if you wanna read it of course,

Your now 300 miles closer to Mars !!!!!!!! I'm not joking.....

OOH, I wanna meet a Martian on HOME.

Imagine meeting an alien on their and talking to them and playing like R:FOM or whatever against them.

Woww they have Home and R:FOM on their Playstation 3000's lol ;)

Actuall forget that, I hope Jim and Lyndon show up on HOME...
    Who needs aliens when you can play against actual supposed GODS, lol

:rolleyes:
    We all know that Space Cadets and Astronauts are much better than the God Squad right ??????? lol......
  • It cannot be! But it's inevitable.
    Jay and Rob are getting along with each other.?.:confused:

SPACE HAS MAGIC! :)
  • on with the topic
    ps3 is obviously the best but what about Wii?

I'm sure they'll be some playstation traitors (Mel, Jane) voting for it
  • off topic
    hows my avatar
  • Playstation 1 wasnt the best when it first came out ok maybe ridge racer, Playstation 2 wasnt the best either first outstanding game imo was GTA give the console time guys things WILL only get better!
  • I agree with you wondy
  • i had 360 on release then sold it in october for PS3 40gb my brother still has 360 its hard to decide winner, microsofts interface though looks less classy has the beifits of the gamescore a total amount of point you collect from acheive certain goals in the game wich is a nice addition. The 360 is noisy consol though and can sometimes e quite irratating however the PS3 is nice and quiet. The games this is the big one though we are all hoping that the ps3 wil in time be ablwe to create better games by some noticable differance i am concerend this is just a hope and i ahve found no evidence to back it up that in a couple of years it wil be able to. From what we have seen so far PS3 games are really quite full of flaws and the 360 does not suffer the same fate but as ive payed out my Ar*e for the PS3 i reallty hope it can succeed over the 360. Winner - PS3
  • It cannot be! But it's inevitable.
    Jay and Rob are getting along with each other.?.

We like each other really, we just joke around alot of the time.........:)
    Isnt that right Jay...........

Jay.........
    Jay, where are you ?????

Back me up here Jay !!!!!!!!!!!

hows my avatar

Nice Shaddow, like it..........:D
  • Ooops

Jay hit the "I don't know you "

haha haha haha haha
  • I voted for the PS3. It has nothing to do with being a Playstation fan since its inception. I don't need to go into specifics on why I think the PS3 is a better system due to it already being obvious. :p 360's have had the habit of overheating from the beginning. Even the new ones with the HDMI ports overheat. You would have thought that they would have fixed this issue but they haven't. I read all too often and have seen it myself on my brother's 360.. That famous red ring of death. He has gone through four of them so far and all due to overheating. He even put that loud a$$ fan on the back of his after the second one burned up. I admit, he does play it a lot but that should not be an issue with that system.....with any system for that matter. Ridiculous if you ask me and unreliable.

Nec
  • I agree with NecroX (hope u like the short version)
    The X360 is seriously Crrrap
    My friends son has gone through 8 o' them (they're rich)
    I recommended a ps3 but they've got more money than brains
    PS3 iz da bomb:59:
  • I vote 360 just beacuse ive had too many problems with my ps3 while its still under warrantey and the ps3 people are giving me crap about it
  • -=Gladius=- said:
    I vote 360 just beacuse ive had too many problems with my ps3 while its still under warrantey and the ps3 people are giving me crap about it

Ohhhh....so you are one of the 3 people who had problems with their PS3. HAHAHAHHA! No, really... sorry to hear that man.
  • yeh my mate john does game testing unfortunate feela's been testing american idol or pop idol sommet like that, and he said he had nothing but problems with ps3 i cant really agree with that as its been perfectly fine though the 360 does seem to be very reliable apart from the ring of fire (hard drive issue)
  • Microsoft have recieved about 2 million back due to failures i think. Correct me if im wrong but that tells me something about the 360.....:)
  • oh i yeh thatl be the ring of fire i had one before my ps3 but never had problems my mates went pete tong though.
  • Hmmm, seems like some will last and some wont...... Unless he used his more than you......:confused:
  • I don't think its about which is better etc. Look at Dreamcast, way more powerful than its rivals but no 3rd party support.

A console is very dependant on software, the better the software, the more successful the console, and, lets face it, it is only sales that count.

The general public aint bothered about how many floating point calcs a machine can handle ,they want consisatnt, high quality games, and a healthy life span on their investment.

Here endeth the lesson according to Pokerdon.
  • the dream cast was fantstic to be honest never owned it but played it at our local computer games store 2.00 for an hour it was on any console at the time i prefered it to the ps2 but bought the ps cos of the name i really liked that toy commander one of the most enjoyable games ever.
    Ps. And an enjoyable lesson it was pokerdon bringing back some happy memoreies for there mate.
  • The thing i think i like the most about the ps3 is though is that it runs really quiet. Unless its been in use for like ore than 3 hours u usually cant even hear the fan. Makes it ideal for playing games or watching movies. The Xbox 360, and orginally xbox are really loud.
    Also i think its really funny how the only way they could sove overheating is to make their power source external
  • Speaking of next gen war technically though, i believe a heard somewhere that the wii had more sales than either the xbox 360 or of course the low selling ps3.

Seriously thinking about getting a wii, cept i dont like the whole idea of the motion sensor controller
  • Then you may want to give the Wii a miss, Gladius- that motion control is the main selling point of the system. It has been getting good sales numbers lately, due in part to the release of Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.

Personally, i don't believe there is one absolute "best" system- there is a best system "for you", however. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to controller layout, games, etc.- if everyone went for the same thing we would only have one system to look at.
  • Yeah the Wii is winning in sales, but that is mainly because it targets, its fair to say, a different group of consumers than the PS3 and 360.
    Each system promotes its advantages, for example the power of the PS3 and the multimedia advantages it has. Where as, the 360 will promote the amount of games it has due to being out a good 16 months longer. The Wii however, no matter how much its 2 competitiors try to get into its market, promotes the casualness and at times hugely innovative and unique products that it has, as well as the Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros etc titles it puts out. So, back to what Lyn said, its what is the best console for 'you', i suppose.

At the moment the Wii is capturing the larger market, but in my view it has nothing to do with the 'war' between the PS3 and 360, which compete for a large chunk of each others markets. Even though having lower sales than the Wii every week, it doesnt affect their own personal 'war'.
    By the way, the PS3 is beating the 360 in Europe every week now and even though the huge gap betwwen launches, it is predicted to catch up to the 360's total sales very soon. This isnt the case in North America at the moment though...:rolleyes: Worldwide 10.5 million PS3's have been sold since launch, which i think is very impressive.
  • Well i cannot say or compare the two since I only have and used a ps3.

All I can say is that I love the fact of the ps3 being not only a console but also a multi media centre so to say. I ripped all my CDs to the hard disk and using it as a juebox (not sure on the spelling there). I love watching my DvD collection on it and will start buying some blue rays.

As for the power, well it is proven to be a more powerful consol, but what i am intereted in is the games. Currently I am playing Uncharted and it is totally top notch. Great script and acting in it with great visuals.

So for now my feedback is, the PS3 is a GREAT console. Now waiting for MGS4 (I pre-ordered it).
  • in reference to the multimedia statment you made xbox does exactly the same however cannot connect wirelessly to your pc to transfer data and dosent have bluray apart from that the set up is very similar in what it does and can acheive at the present time.
  • Hands down the PS3 for numerous reasons.

You get a Blu-Ray player which on it's own is the cost equivelant of a PS3.

The library though small, will get better as companies sink their teeth into what the possibilities are.

The Cell Processor ( I read a blurb that the US Air Force bought a number of PS3s just for the processor. If the military can utilize this technology, think about potential for games. )

The present and future capabilities of connectivity with the PSP. Heck, you can spy on your house while you're away if you have the camera.

Everything is in one package as opposed to adding externel devices.

Give it 3 years and I wager that the X-Box will be whining like a whupped pup.
  • The Cell Processor ( I read a blurb that the US Air Force bought a number of PS3s just for the processor. If the military can utilize this technology, think about potential for games. )

They've already began to ultilize it, with the power of the PS3's cell chips IBM have recently built the fastest supercomputer known to mankind! It's called the Roadrunner. It combines 12,960 of the PS3's cell chips with 6,948 standard dual-core AMD opteron chips and 80 terabytes of memory. This allows it to top 1 quadrillion calculations a second (1 petaflop), and makes it more than twice as fast and powerful as the previous fastest supercomputer.

The supercomputer is being installed in a US Government Lab later this year, and will be used to monitor nuclear stockpiles and research into Astronomy, Genomics and Climate Change.

So there you have it- the power of the PS3 has been used to create the fastest supercomputer in the world....!!!:D PlayStation Rules...!:)

Here's a link to what Wikipedia has to say about the Roadrunner- IBM Roadrunner

A quick google search will also give you a lot of information about it if you so wish..;)
  • Well, This is a PlayStation forum, After all, I think the PS3 kills the competition in online gameplay, Sure, 360 has Halo 3 BUT 60 dollars a year is way too much, With PS3 you will SAVE money in the longrun.
  • 360 has Halo 3

In my opinion that doesn't do that much for Xbox Live. Even though a big seller, it's proved to be a disappointment to a lot of fans i've heard. And anyway we have Resistance, and soon to be Resistance 2. Beats Halo anyday!...:)
  • look the only thing that make the 360 diffirent is its made by the source of the probloms...microsoft...dont you think? but the PS3 is made by a trusted corboraition...SONY... right? but the only thing that makes it good is the computer in it [probebly its just a computer..lol].
  • Rob C STAFF said:
    In my opinion that doesn't do that much for Xbox Live. Even though a big seller, it's proved to be a disappointment to a lot of fans i've heard. And anyway we have Resistance, and soon to be Resistance 2. Beats Halo anyday!...:)

The PS3 also has games like Metal Gear Solid, AND THE NUMBER 1 KILLZONE 2
  • I wouldnt put much emphasis on games that havnt come out yet, resitance too i think is gonna bee good but it wouldnt surprise me if killzone 2 was a flop.
  • wat bout star ocean 4?
  • never heard of it m8
  • In all honesty there wont be a great deal between the consoles for about another year or two till they can truly harness the extra power and complicated processors of the ps3. My mate creates computer games for a living in brighton and devloped pure so hes given me abit of info on this subject.
  • PS3 beats 360 hands down,free online gameing,realiable,and u dont have to pay for updates.gears is just over rated[ive played it and it aint nothin new]fable2 has that problem as well and halo is just to simple to deserve all that hype.simply put,360 is good at what it does but PS3 does it a whole lot better.
  • thats what im talking about grim reefer couldn't of said it better myself BRAVO
  • ps3 is the best end of that. Halo every xbox owner was getting over excited about this poor attempt of a game. iv played it and it is one of the shitest game iv played yet it is poor. Ps3 is the consol of the decade microsoft has blown it to have the best consol
  • You cant say " oh its to pricy" ITS WORTH IT! right now in 2009 the ps3 overpassed the 360 by alot, and our exclusives are great.
  • itachi143 said:
    You cant say " oh its to pricy" ITS WORTH IT! right now in 2009 the ps3 overpassed the 360 by alot, and our exclusives are great.

Too Right, could have never said it better
  • I find these types of questions amusing at the least: "Which is better...."

The answer to that is so extremely objective and subjective that there is really no correct answer. The "best" all depends on one persons likes, dislikes and gaming preferences.

Ask a Playstation fan which is better, you can guess what the overwhelming response will be. The same would be true if you asked a XBOX or Wii owner the same thing. I do find it equally amusing that many players who answer a certain way have never played or owned any of the other consoles and answer in both a knee-jerk and biased manner.

Then there are those of us who have more than one system, and we can give you pros & con's of each.

Like most here, my preference is the Playstation and the games available for it, but I also enjoy many of the games on the Wii & Gamecube as well. I even have a fully functioning NES that I still play from time-to-time.

All systems have their merits, strengths and weaknesses. If a game is fun to play, and I enjoy it, I don't care if it is a PS3, PS2, PS1, PSP, XBOX (which I will be purchasing this week), Wii, Gamecube or DS.

I am fortunate in that I can afford to purchase the various systems and GREATLY expand my gaming. For those on a limited budget, the choice isn't always as easy...but regardless of what you do or don't have, the BIGGEST mistake is allowing biases and the opinions of others to either dictate your choice, or to greatly narrow your choices due to such.

If you are a Playstation fan and enjoy the system and the games, GREAT!
    If you are a XBOX fan and enjoy the system and the games, GREAT!
    If you are a Wii fan and enjoy the system and the games, GREAT!
    If you have multiple systems and enjoy the games, GREAT!

It is all about the fun, excitement and experience(s) you enjoy while gaming.

-Just my 2 cents worth.

PS: I did not vote as I currently do not own nor have I played a XBOX. So I will not vote based on a biased opinion.
  • well said but i have played a xbox plenty of times, i don't own 1 but i have a wii and a ps3 and out of all of them i would say the ps3 is the best, the wii is fun but gets boring to quick and the games are not as good as ps3 or xbox 360
  • nasher08 said:
    well said but i have played a xbox plenty of times, i don't own 1 but i have a wii and a ps3 and out of all of them i would say the ps3 is the best, the wii is fun but gets boring to quick and the games are not as good as ps3 or xbox 360

So that is your preference nasher...but in your case it is one based on the fact that you have actually played a few other systems and were able to come to a conclusion based on what you have actually played and what you enjoy.

In regards to the Wii, I too own one, and I do like some of the games available for it...but it is still a platform gaming console for the most part. If you don't enjoy platform games, then it certainly isn't going to do anything for ya'.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion