• A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=238]It's a Start[/drupal]

It's not much here, but I figured since I've told you all I desire a place to post my writing by itself...It's created!!Mel’s Fiction So enjoy if you wish to see it:)
  • I just had a quick looksie and it looks all set for your stories Mel.
    I also posted a comment just to say yay you and whatnot, oh and obviously stated yay me because I was the first person to comment, lol.

Can't wait to see everything online hun :hug:
  • I like your avatar Melinda. It's pretty funny :)

Looking forward to seeing some of your stories. Will they be any particular sub-genre of fiction? Like Romance, Horror, Comedy? What will we see from ya?

I've written a lot, all horror fiction. I'm proud of it, some of it is online.

Let me know.
  • I don't know for sure, but I think maybe Mel would call her stories Fantasy, maybe Fantasy Sci-Fi? Don't know for sure. That one that she does fully online, Specimen Alpha, is based around the Final fantasy Vii game. It's all about what happens to Nanaki (Red XIII) BEFORE he ends up getting captured by er what's his name? That scientist guy, ah Mel will tell you his name.

So yeah, prob Fantasy/Fantasy Sci-Fi genre, but wait until Mel confirms what she calls it.

Her stories are really REALLY good MCW, especially the one she's typing up specially for me. WOW, is it ever amazing. It's really hard for me to get stuck into reading books, but this one by Mel I am seriously hooked on, possibly more so because she's drip feeding me 1 or 2 chapters at a time, making me want more.
    She's evil that way you see ;) lol.
  • No offense towards her, but I am not a big Final Fantasy fan... or Sci-Fi fan for that matter :redface:. Hopefully she tries out lots of different genres.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    No offense towards her, but I am not a big Final Fantasy fan... or Sci-Fi fan for that matter :redface:. Hopefully she tries out lots of different genres.

Wh...wh...wh...wh...WHAT? Not a big Final Fantasy fan? But...how dare you? :mad:

Why a games player saying they are not a big Final Fantasy fan is like Tiger Woods saying he's not a big Golf fan :o

As for not being a Sci-Fi fan, I said it was more Fantasy or possibly Fantasy Sci-Fi (mixed together) so NOT just Sci-Fi, ok man? :)

Jay
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Wh...wh...wh...wh...WHAT? Not a big Final Fantasy fan? But...how dare you? :mad:

I don't like Final Fantasy. I tried it. It doesn't work. I like everything else in the gaming world but I don't like that game series. Gimme a break kid ;).

And why can't we get a reply from Melinda in here :eek:, she da one be doin' the writing!
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    And why can't we get a reply from Melinda in here :eek:, she da one be doin' the writing!

MCW, I have posted a reply to your question.;) It's on my newer post "Find Your Emotion". But alas here is your reply since you can't go one post up and read that blog.;)

My writing (excerpts): I can't generally categorize my writing. I'd say the closest thing to it would be fantasy (not necessarily final fantasy) because I deal with kings, queens, barons, royal families, dragons, mithras, sages. You can read the excerpt I posted on there MCW and see if you like it or not. If it doesn't appeal to you, you don't have to read it.

Honestly though, I have a lot of different genres all wrapped into one. I have a bit of horror, angst, depression, romance, sci-fi (waaaay sci fi if you read anything about "Bri's Lab"), and of course...adventure. I can't simply place my story into one category. I only say that it's close to fantasy by the principle I stated above.

Hope that answered your question my friend.
    Now I gotta go type excerpt two.;)