Two PS3 Wallpaper Concerns
  • OK, so the first one isn't so much a concern as a... geez what's another word for concern ;)

- I really like that Sony added a "Wallpaper" function for the main XMB. BUT... now I think we really need more customization options to make Custom Wallpaper mode functional. See, I've downloaded all of the free wallpapers from the Store, and tried them all out on my PS3. Problem is, none of them work with the Text menus on every Cross Media Bar menu. All of the text is white, so unless you use a solid dark image, how would you be able to read the text? Anybody else found a background image that works with the PS3 and is not hard to see through?

- You know, Microsoft regularly charges for what they call "Picture Packs". They include tiny 50x50 Pixel images to be used for your icon/avatar on Xbox. At what point is Sony going to get greedy (;)) and start charging for stuff that should be free. Do you think they will do the same thing when they eventually start adding PSN user icons to the store?

OK, just been thinking about all this, had to get it off my chest. Let's Discuss!
  • i did notice that problem with the wallpapers as well so i stopped using one (may have to copy one of them over to the computer to use though). Hopefully they make changing the XMB menu color one of the added tweaks.
  • You know what mcw? You really seem like a Glass Half-Empty kinda guy.

Personally I prefer to see the glass as neither half-empty nor half-full, perhaps there is no glass and we haven't even bought the drink yet to put in said glass.

Anyway, enough weird psychiatry for today, now on to what you said...

Personally, I don't think Sony will get greedy by selling so called "Picture packs" and whatnot. Look at it this way...The PSP...You can already put your own pictures onto the memory stick and thus put said pictures as the background image, so why will they not do that for the PS3 in a firmware update of some sort...Of course they will, they have to because it's one thing that people want to be able to do...Why be able to do it on their portable console and not their Uber console?
    Once that feature becomes available then they will NOT be able to convince people to pay for pictures to use as backgrounds on the XMB when they can just as easily, if not easier, use their own personal pictures.

So trust me mcw, I doubt very much they will start charging. besides, think how much money they must be making from downloadable games and game content already, so why push their luck further than they have already?

Well that's my two cents worth, I'm off to bed now...

Jay
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Hopefully they make changing the XMB menu color one of the added tweaks.

Seems like a simple fix doesn't it? Hopefully they notice the problem on their own PS3s.

Jason F Staff said:
    You know what mcw? You really seem like a Glass Half-Empty kinda guy.

Oh great, just what I need, someone telling me what I am.

Personally I prefer to see the glass as neither half-empty nor half-full, perhaps there is no glass and we haven't even bought the drink yet to put in said glass.

/\ /\ You can't expect me to read that sentence and not want to do this -> :mad: :bash:

so why push their luck further than they have already?

Because they are Sony. They hate us.
    Because they aren't forcing Rockstar employees to work 24/7 to get GRAND THEFT AUTO OUT ON ITS ORIGINAL PROMISED RELEASE DATE. SON OF A :censored:.
    Because they give new PS3 owners 5 free Blu-Ray movies, and chuckle at the early adopters who get nuthin'.
    Because odds are, they will put rumble in a controller and make our current ones obsolete.
    Because they are already phasing out the two PS3s that have sold the most, even in the systems infancy.
    Because they allowed Motorstorm to suck, and still charged full price for it.
    Because they updated the firmware for the PS3 web browser, and tried to correct the size 1 font on every webpage, but it did not work for anyone, and you have to Zoom in on every page just to see the commas and periods in between words.
    Because I am going to get quoted and angrily typed back within the hour :p.

C'mon, surely you agree with some of that stuff.
  • Yeah i noticed it with the wallpaper, and in the end i couldnt find a picture suitable so i havent used a wallpaper... :(
    Yeah surely they'll fix this, in an update of some sort... :)

And no they wont charge, i hope, surely they cant... Well it would be kinda stupid if they did charge for extra pics and icons and wallpapers etc... :confused:
    BTW, i cant wait to do all of that kinda stuff, customisation is a mans best friend ?????

Because they are Sony. They hate us.
    Because they aren't forcing Rockstar employees to work 24/7 to get GRAND THEFT AUTO OUT ON ITS ORIGINAL PROMISED RELEASE DATE. SON OF A .
    Because they give new PS3 owners 5 free Blu-Ray movies, and chuckle at the early adopters who get nuthin'.
    Because odds are, they will put rumble in a controller and make our current ones obsolete.
    Because they are already phasing out the two PS3s that have sold the most, even in the systems infancy.
    Because they allowed Motorstorm to suck, and still charged full price for it.
    Because they updated the firmware for the PS3 web browser, and tried to correct the size 1 font on every webpage, but it did not work for anyone, and you have to Zoom in on every page just to see the commas and periods in between words.
    Because I am going to get quoted and angrily typed back within the hour .

You are a glass-half empty kinda guy lol... :laugh:
  • Nah, they don't hate us, MC- just you because you keep complaining. :p