DVD-Rom features not available?
  • I just noticed, when trying to use DVD-Rom features on my PS3 while watching a recent movie, the PS3 would not connect to the net to use the DVD-Rom special features.

So, does the PS3 not work with DVD-Rom? When I hover over the DVD icon on the Cross Media Bar, it says "DVD-Rom" underneath it, so it obviously recognizes what type of DVD it is.

Am I missing something here? I don't see why it wouldn't work that way. If it doesn't work now, could it be made to work with a Firmware update? It'd be cool if it could, considering the PS3 is my main DVD player now, with all the nice features and all.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: The PS3 Box says "DVD ROM/Video" on it... so what's up?
  • When watching movies or playing PSOne/ PS2 games the PS3 will sign you out from the PlayStation Network- it's just how they have things set up. While it does work with DVD-ROMs, you won't get the online features included with said DVDs (yes, that sucks).

That is something that could easily be fixed with a firmware update. i should mention, though, most times the online extras with DVDs are usually set up for a Windows enviroment. You may have to use your computer for now to access these.
  • Right... I remember hearing that about PS3 signing you out. That doesn't make sense does it?

I hope they do fix it in a firmware update... I mean if the PS3's box says DVD Rom, we should be getting it.

I know that usually DVD-Rom features are simply links to a special website, or maybe some free wallpapers. I guess it depends. But, yeah it's a shame I can't get any of them on the PS3.