Survey For Stupid People :)
  • [CENTER]image[/CENTER]

Microsoft and Sony are both touting Next-Generation (Yeah, current gen now I reckon) graphics and functionality. But plain and simply said, there are some people who are too stupid (Believe it or not, stupid people do in fact roam the Earth. I can't believe it either ;)) to understand this :p. I will not stand up for them, especially not after reading the results of an NPD survey. Quoted below is the survey results, which are extremely suprising. Note, I am not a member of the NPD, or a surveyer for them, so I have no idea what level of education you have to have to join, lol.

The NPD Group released results from their "Next Gen Functionality & Usage" report and some of the numbers are surprising.
    According to the results, only 40% of PlayStation 3 owners polled were aware the machine had a Blu-ray player and about 50% of that number had popped in a Blu-ray movie during the last 10 times they turned on the machine -- the other half didn't use the feature. The study didn't poll about Xbox 360's HD-DVD add-on, as it's not a standard feature with the Xbox 360 SKU. For reference, about half polled knew about the DVD-playback potential of Xbox 360.

The lack of awareness (or interest) isn't limited to movie watching, either -- and here's where you should start paying attention for an idea on how the mass market will respond in the next few years. Only 30% of Xbox 360 owners were aware of the HD graphics capabilities of the machine, whereas that number rises to 50% with PS3. Considering the inclusion of a cheap Blu-ray player in the PS3, that's not so surprising, but, either way, a startling number of "HD gamers" don't know about -- or don't care about -- HD.

"The industry is still in its infancy with regard to this "next-gen" and all the expanded capabilities of the systems," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier to 1UP. "Gameplay is still king, and it may take awhile for the awareness and usage of the additional features to really take hold with consumers."

The NPD didn't have usage numbers for HD gaming at this time.

NPD Methodology
    The report is based on online survey responses from 6,260 members of NPD's online consumer panel. These respondents, compromised of males and females ages 6 to 44, are qualified owners of at least one next generation system (PS3, PSP, Wii, NDS, Xbox 360). In addition, non-owners were captured in order to further probe on next generation system purchase intent and other areas. Fieldwork was conducted from April 4-10, 2007.
  • Huhhhhhhhhhh :o

This cant be true.....

Right...... :confused:
  • robcoxy said:
    Huhhhhhhhhhh :o

This cant be true.....

Right...... :confused:

lol, as Kurt Angle once said: "It's True, It's True."

I just don't know how you could seriously plop down hundreds of dollars for a game system and think that it was a Sega Genesis or something. That's basically the mindset of the people who took the survey. Oh, it's just a game system... it dudn't do nuthin' else, right Cletus? Do these people not have Cable? Have they even heard the two letters H and D placed next to each other before?

:huh: This is the world Wii live in.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...:huh: This is the world Wii live in.

Very clever there MCW, very clever indeedee. Honestly, where do these baaaaaaaaaaad jokes come from? I wanna know, then go speak to that person or persons and tell them to only release decent jokes :eek:
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Very clever there MCW, very clever indeedee. Honestly, where do these baaaaaaaaaaad jokes come from? I wanna know, then go speak to that person or persons and tell them to only release decent jokes :eek:

It took me like Thwii seconds to think that joke up. :mellow:

You're a mean person, by the way :(
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    It took me like Thwii seconds to think that joke up. :mellow:

You're a mean person, by the way :(

Me? Mean? :o Why thats preposterous. I'm about as mean as Santa is which is to say hardly mean at all.

Anyways, Wii will forgive you for your jokes, I'm guilty of baaaaaaaad jokes myself, so you're not the only one man :p lol
  • Lol.........:laugh:

You 2 and your jokes...;)
  • robcoxy said:
    Lol.........:laugh:

You 2 and your jokes...;)

Well, you gotta be able to have a laugh...if you can't then you're gonna go through life as a miserable (insert word of choice here)
  • "Well, you gotta be able to have a laugh...if you can't then you're gonna go through life as a miserable (Wii)"
    I just had to do that. OK, I'm done now :w00t2:
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    "Well, you gotta be able to have a laugh...if you can't then you're gonna go through life as a miserable (Wii)"
    I just had to do that. OK, I'm done now :w00t2:

Wii is never gonna be able to stop you is Wii? :eek: