The thing that spins the disks isn't spinning ;_;
  • Ok, now let me start this out by saying that I removed the top casing of my PS3, and the casing of the blu-ray drive in order to swap disks to play my japanese PS2 games. Anyway, (and I apologize for not knowing the part names), a few weeks ago, my friend was over. I sorta got a little destracted while trying to free the small chip that sits on top of the BDD (it slipped under one of those small hooks on the casing), and the wire ripped right out of the bottom of the blu-ray drive.

It worked fine for 2 weeks or so, but then after I played a PS2 game, the disk spinner just stopped spinning, and the laser doesn't turn on. The laser thing bobs up and down during system start, so I know the drive is getting power, and I can still slide a disk in. I know this was completely idiotic, but now that warhawk is coming out, I really need to fix this.

Sorry for the bad writing, and thanks for taking the time to read this.
  • Things like this are why we do not recommend people go into their game systems to do repairs.

The easiest solution would be for you to put the top back on the casing and contact Sony, saying your PS3 no longer reads discs. They will send you the box to ship it back and get a replacement.

As for the import PS2 games, it may be easier just to get an imported Ps2 for those. ;)
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Things like this are why we do not recommend people go into their game systems to do repairs.

The easiest solution would be for you to put the top back on the casing and contact Sony, saying your PS3 no longer reads discs. They will send you the box to ship it back and get a replacement.

As for the import PS2 games, it may be easier just to get an imported Ps2 for those. ;)

Easiest for sure, but I don't really have the money to do that = /. Well, thanks for reading my post, I guess I'll try and diagnose whats wrong today. I'm probably just going to buy a broken PS3 with a working blu-ray drive on ebay.