psp power failures
  • My psp power turns off when I play a game or when I just leave it on. What happens is that I'll load a game and it playes for about a minute and then it shuts off. I know the battery is not dead because I had just charged it. I heard that it might be a software problem. How can I fix it?
  • It's possible the battery may have something wrong with it- if you can either buy a new one or borrow another from a friend and try it in the system. If it still does the same thing with the new battery then it would be a software problem, in which case Sony themselves would have to fix it. If you have had your PSP for under a year you are under warranty and the fix/ replacement of the PSP by Sony would be free of charge.
  • Hey thanks for the help. I think I should mention that I do have 2 batteries. I have the maximus battery which offers 6 hours of power but it doesn't even charge or work. The other battery that I have is the generic sony battery which works but it only last a few minutes on a full charge. The whole problem started when I downloaded a game. After that download the maximus battery doesn't work and the sony battery only lasts a few minutes.

I contacted sony and they just wanted to charge me $89 to fix my psp. I should mentioned that after the battery problem my friend downloaded the 3.52 m33 s4 firmware to my psp. I thought my power problem would be fixed but it still doesn't work. I have a first generation psp with the 1.50 firmware.

I heard that there is a way to fix this problem using the recovery mode or by using a new hack called pandora's battery program. Do you have any information on any of these 2 items??????
  • No, I don't- we usually don't follow the homebrew scene here.

I'll send you a link to details about the pandora's battery in a PM- was quickly found thanks to the internet's best friend, Google. ;)