Motorstorm online
  • Hello,
    I have tried to get online on Motorstorm, however, when i have clicked online an error messages appears saying "cannot access Motorstorm server". I have tried different configuration settings on my router and different versions of Motorstorm and nothing has worked, any idea what i can do?
    Thank you
  • I am guessing other games have no problem with going online?

It is possible the server itself was at fault and nothing at your end would change things. All you could do was try it again at a later time.
  • Hello,
    Thanks for replying, at the moment the only other ps3 game i have is resistance: fall of man and that works fine online. Does this mean the best thing to do is to wait and hope to see if the server is fixed?
    Thank You
  • Pretty much- it is a glitch on their end, not yours. it shouldn't take too long before things are up and running again (if they aren't already).
  • Thank you for answering my question :)
  • When i want to play online Motorstorm, it goes pretty well, i can enter the server and join the game session, but after a few minutes the race has started i always get the same message "You have lost connection with the web you will have to reconnect if you still want to play online"

Does this could be a MotorStorm server problem too?
  • That may be more due to a possible setting being off on your end, possibly a port (or ports) that needs opening. Do you have a router sharing your connection for your set up?
  • Hi,
    I still cannot connect to the motorstorm server, any ideas? Or shall i just contine to wait and hope?
    Thnx
  • You should have been able to get there by now, pj- maybe you need to check some of your settings on the router, possibly opening certain ports to allow the traffic through.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    That may be more due to a possible setting being off on your end, possibly a port (or ports) that needs opening. Do you have a router sharing your connection for your set up?

Yes i have a router, with that router i share connection with my PC and Playstation 3 via wired

does that represent a problem? or what i am supposed to do?
  • As i mentioned to pj, you may need to go into your router's port forwarding and open specific ports for the PlayStation 3 to play online properly. They are:

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Try that and see if things improve any.
  • [QUOTE=Lyndon M STAFF;50882][b]As i mentioned to pj, you may need to go into your router's port forwarding and open specific ports for the PlayStation 3 to play online properly. They are:

• Look under Access and you should find an area called Protocol Filters. This is what they call the port forwarding on that particular router. Put PS3 or whatever you would like to call it in the name blank and do each port range in sequence until you have them all added.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Look under Access and you should find an area called Protocol Filters. This is what they call the port forwarding on that particular router. Put PS3 or whatever you would like to call it in the name blank and do each port range in sequence until you have them all added.

ok i have found it, i have the following options:

Start-End Port***Protocol***To Ip Address***Enabled***Schedule
    blank-blank *** Both/TCP/UDP *** 192.168.1.blank** checkbox*** listbox

on the Ip address i suppose i need to put the PS3 ip address, but wich start an end port did you recommend me to put or give me any combinations that you know may work please
  • Enter all of the ports I listed above. For the single ports such as 80 put the same number in the start and end blanks. Once you get all of them done you should have no problems.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Enter all of the ports I listed above. For the single ports such as 80 put the same number in the start and end blanks. Once you get all of them done you should have no problems.

I`ve already put the ports and i still have the same problem, after a few minutes i start an online game the same message appears "You have lost connection to the game server"

This are my settings, i don