What does this mean???
  • I can use the web browser on my PS3 fine and I have 100% signal from my wireless router but every time I try to connect to the PS Network to play Motor Storm online it tells me that an error has occurred (8002AA08) None of the books tell me what that means, so I don't know how to fix it...:confused:
  • Er, one question first. I know it's obvious but I just need to check.
    Have you updated the firmware on your PS3? Gone via Settings --> System Update --> Update via Internet.

If you have not yet updated to firmware version 1.92 then that COULD be the problem as I had an error message appear because I had not updated. But it disappeared once I had updated the PS3s Firmware.

If, however, you have already updated the Firmware then I'm afraid I am out of ideas.

Perhaps one of the other staff members can help?

Guys...you got any ideas as to what could be wrong?

• It's possible the ports you need for Motorstorm are being blocked in the router.

You can open these ports in your router via the Port Forwarding section of the router set up. Here are the ports required for playing SCEA-published games online:

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Hope this helps you get gaming! B)
  • Awesome! Thank you so much for the help. The last two days it's been giving me that same message every time I would try to log onto the PS3 Network, and go figure...right as I ask for help it starts to work! Haven't got a clue why but it's working perfectly now. Thanks for the help again! By the way, I did do the system upgrade before I even tryed to log on to the PS3 Network in the first place. =)

Morgan Wade
  • It's also possible the servers were being prepped for the update that came out yesterday, making for the server error messages.