• Any thoughts on the new Sega Rally? Should I get it etc? I've been reading good things about it - the track deformation for one and the arcady style like the original Sega Rally games. I remember playing the original on the Saturn which was one of the best games ever at the time and I really hope they keep up to that pedigree.

YouTube - Sega Rally - Alpine Environment Trailer

I like the look of the transitions between road and slush snow on this track and with the deformation I think this has the potential to be really cool
  • I havent particularly been following up on this...

But it looks very, very impressive... I would get it...;)
  • Xbox demo came out today already :( and new video to go along with it I think.

YouTube - Sega Rally - Show Stopper Trailer
  • It does look awesome, no question....:)

I would suggest giving it a go when it comes out, as a rental 1st Anamo. Just to be sure...
    Only the PS3 version of course....:D
  • I would advise a rental at first also. I've had a quick go with the XBox 360 demo and the controls felt a bit on the floaty side. i would maybe consider Dirt before Sega Rally.
  • There is a PS3 demo coming out at some point. I'll wait for that I think. I like the sound of floaty controls sounds more like the original which I like the sounds of
  • i would maybe consider Dirt before Sega Rally.

DiRt was very, very good. Try the demo on the PS Store Anamo.. ;) (thats if you have a PS3 ??) :confused:
  • Yeah I've played DiRT wasn't that impressed - thought it would be a lot better than it was - good graphics but thats about it. That's why I'm wondering about Sega Rally.
  • Fair enough. Well my advice sticks ,when it comes out rent it and if you like it enough, then buy it...;)
    You've obviously been checking out trailers for it, so that should give you a good idea of what the games gonna be like too...
  • Well, i tried the PS3 demo for this game and the controls here were just as loose (if not more so) than the 360 version- the cars just are not very controllable. I much prefer things be tighter than they are in this game. I'm going to stick to my recommendation of DiRT over Sega Rally.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Well, i tried the PS3 demo for this game and the controls here were just as loose (if not more so) than the 360 version- the cars just are not very controllable. I much prefer things be tighter than they are in this game. I'm going to stick to my recommendation of DiRT over Sega Rally.

Agreed, I played the demo as well, and wondered the entire time what the difficulty on the demo was even set to. I was driving as fast as possible without slamming into the invisible barriers, and I still could not win a race. It has been a looong time since I've played a good racing game of any kind. :( I know you guys like it, but I think too-much drifting is killing the fun in racing games. I just want to race. Not worry about having to slide through every turn better than the A.I. can every time.

I'm hopeful the new Burnout is worth playing, because something like it is long overdue.
  • I havent played it MCW, i just think it looks amazing. Im downloading the demo right now, and if its drifting Ridge Racer style i dont know if i'm gunna like it either...:confused:
  • I liked it. It was really floaty the handling. I found you had to use the bumper cam to beat the AI at first. I really think bumper cam is the way to go with this.

Its probably personal opinion which one you like better DiRT or Sega Rally. But the online play is making lean towards Sega Rally.
  • After playing the demo, definitely DiRT.. Sorry, but the floaty controls just dont do it for me. But thats only because i dont like that style, if you like that style, this is the game for you...;)

But DiRT in my opinion....:)

I just saw a massive preview on gamer.tv and they made it look a lot better than what it actually is, just a warning if your basing your opinion on trailers etc..
  • robcoxy said:

I just saw a massive preview on gamer.tv and they made it look a lot better than what it actually is, just a warning if your basing your opinion on trailers etc..

I guess you definitely won't be basing you opinion on this then? :eek:
    Sega Rally

I know what you mean about the trailers but its like that with everything. They raise awareness of a game so they are necessary and they can be a talking point.
  • I guess you definitely won't be basing you opinion on this then?

Ermm No that really doesnt give you any idea of what the game will be like does it Lol...;)

I know what you mean about the trailers but its like that with everything. They raise awareness of a game so they are necessary and they can be a talking point.

Yeah, i know i'm just saying that with Sega rally i think the trailers make it look better, than when i played it. I have nothing against trailers, OBVIOUSLY, i love them..But i'm just saying about the gameplay on the demo...:)
  • Played the PS3 demo for 4 hours straight this weekend and my view is that you have to use the bumper cam as you mentioned and that there is a long learning curve to be able to 'really' enjoy the game.

The grooves in the track seemed like a novelty for ages, but after a lot of driving you really do start to see how they change the whole feel of the game and make it like nothing I have ever played before.

My concern is that there are not enough tracks to keep you playing this for weeks and weeks, so you may still want to rent this for a week instead.
  • robcoxy said:
    Ermm No that really doesnt give you any idea of what the game will be like does it Lol...;)

Yeah, i know i'm just saying that with Sega rally i think the trailers make it look better, than when i played it. I have nothing against trailers, OBVIOUSLY, i love them..But i'm just saying about the gameplay on the demo...:)

I dunno this trailer comes from within the game YouTube - Sega Rally - Show Stopper Trailer
    unlike most trailers which clearly don't. DiRT springs to mind as an obvious example

As I understand it all the tracks are reversible so they'll be over 30 in the game.
  • Yeah it looks good... But if you are getting sega rally on the PS3 or the 360, and you have online access download the demo, its well worth checking that out instead of judging it on trailers....;) Thats all i'm saying, now theres a demo out there play that before purchasing. :)
  • sega rally is and will always be a muliplayer game if getting it for just single player theres no point