• i have a ps3 and a windows melenium computer i want to take my ps3 online but dont know what router to use can you help?
  • The OS of your computer won't make a difference (i'd recommend dumping ME for XP, though- trust me on this ;) ).

Most routers will do the job but the most popular seem to be from Linksys, D-Link or Belkin. If planning on going wireless i would suggest the Linksys WRT54G.
  • i dont know why but i need a router and a modem not a normal router
  • A modem/ router combo? Your ISP must use USB modems usually?

I recommended in another thread the person check out the Linksys AG241 VPN ADSL2 for a modem/ router combo. Linksys is a very reliable brand and should do the trick nicely.
  • what i need is a router and a modem not in one a router and modem two things can you tell me one plz
  • The modem, you normally get from whoever you get your internet access from- you likely have one now. What type of net access do you have now?

As for the router, a good normal one is the Linksys WRT54G. It has both wired and wireless capability so you have your choice for hooking up the PS3.
  • i have pipex homecall
  • They do provide a modem- it is likely plugged into one of your USB ports on the computer. If it is a USB modem you will need to get the router/ modem combo i listed above- most regular routers do not have a USB port on them for that sort of modem.