I'm gonna be a teacher - Kinda
  • Ive just enrolled on a course to become a NVQ Assessor. So i can pass all of my (ahem) wisdom onto other budding young pharmacy technicians. Its costing a small fortune but i can claw this back once i start taking students on!!

Im gonna set a website and everything up when im done coz i couldnt find any UK based ones for help when i was doing mine - They were all US ones and their protocols are a lot different to ours
  • Congratulations Miss Jane on almost becoming a teacher.;)

You getting paid much to impart your knowledge onto little younglings?:)
  • So we're both gonna be teachers then eventually? Except you're passing on knowledge of drugs so people can sell them and I'll be, among other things, teaching about drugs so the kids stay away from them. That makes me the goody and you the baddy Jane :laugh:

Seriously though, hope everything goes great for you.

Good luck hun :)
  • Thank you guys x

And ive been told before im a devil on the shoulder!!! Tiff is gonna help me set the website up and run it for me - im gonna have a forum etc and advertise it to Pharmacies around the country (or try too). DOnt know anything about how to do this so its going to be a huge learning curve!!

You can be my study buddy Jay!!
  • Jane N STAFF said:
    ...You can be my study buddy Jay!!

Dunno bout that Jane. I kind of work at my own pace, that is to say, I usually take ages before I do something and then do it really near to when it has to be handed in.

I really need to frame myself though because I'll end up failing if I try that at Uni :(
  • Ive become much better at managing my own time now that im a *cough* mature student lol!! When i was at uni i was no good at handing things in on time ( i spent most of my time on here or in the pub) Now im paying for this course myself though i will be a good girl!!
  • Well if you're a "Mature Student" I suppose that makes me one as well. I AM 24 afterall now.
    I don't wanna be a Mature Student though. They're like people in their forties or older ain't they?
  • Great to hear this news Jane, you go girl !

Must admit that I loved going back to school as a mature student, its amazing how much you can learn when you 'want' to be there, rather than 'having' to be there.
  • Jim B STAFF said:
    its amazing how much you can learn when you 'want' to be there, rather than 'having' to be there.

So incredibly true. I could not have said things better myself.:)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    So incredibly true. I could not have said things better myself.:)

WHAT? :o You're not a Mature Student Mel. God if you're a mature student then Jane and I must be ancient :laugh:
    OK, I'm ancient and she's er weathered...is that a nice way of saying it Jane? ;)
  • I didn't mean it like that Jay. I meant it's true that you enjoy school so much more when you actually WANT to be there.:)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    I didn't mean it like that Jay. I meant it's true that you enjoy school so much more when you actually WANT to be there.:)

Well I was gonna say...you're like one of the babies of the group, was a bit strange how you could call yourself a "Mature Student".

Well I've been like that at college and will be the same at University. When you're at school, where you have to go, you're not completely interested. But when you go to college or university, you're there because you want to be there, so yeah, I get what you're all saying.

I can't wait to start at Leeds Met, although I am a bit apprehensive as it's University and it's like one of the top institutions in all of England if not the entire UK, so er Yikes! :o

I just hope I do well :(
  • Congratulations Jane! :clap: It sounds like your career has really taken off!

Does this mean we'll have to start calling you Professor Norman?