BLACK (by Criterion) REVIEW
  • BLACK definitely has stages that you find yourself wanting to play over and over again.

While BLACK'S graphics may be great to look at, they truly add to the experience.

There's a stage where you hide from a sniper behind gravestones, and suddenly, the gravestones are shattered by the bullet from the sniper! Now you find yourself running and ducking for cover as gravestones shatter around you from sniper fire.

Two words: mine field... you'll come across mine fields more than once in the game, and it is abundantly fun.

Also, have you ever wanted to take a heavy machine gun and just stand up like Rambo and unload on an entire building, several cars, dozens of enemies in front of you and have the whole screen explode and go insane for 15 minutes?

Well BLACK can give you that!

This game is aimed at people who just like to shoot the crap out of everything in sight. It's great for that!

You wanna know what the plot is? Plots are for books and movies.

The term "Fully Destructible Environment is not just marketing.
  • I must say, for me it was the best FPS on the PS2...

It was an astonoshing achievement, on the PS2 system....

Too bad there were only around 8 levels...:( (I know they were long, but chuck in a few more and.... :D)
  • O.k. I guess no one else likes or liked this game seeing how no one else is going to throw in their TWO CENTS...

If any member of the STAFF is able to do so ... then go ahead and DELETE this thread.

In the event that I happen to find a great game where everyone at least thinks it is great ... then I'll throw up another POST/THREAD about "that" game.

Until We Meet Again....

PS. No way does this reflect on you at all Rob. Thanks for your input.

• PS. No way does this reflect on you at all Rob. Thanks for your input.

Lol, No worries..Black is an amazing game...:D

It just looks like we have a....pretty 'dormant' bunch here sometimes...:rolleyes:
  • Black is also somewhat on the old side by comparison- most gamers have since moved on to other things. We'll leave the thread alone though- never know when someone will decide to add their opinion in.
  • Leprechaun,

I just updated the reader reviews and the one you sent in about black is now online. Just figured I'd give you a heads up. :cool:
  • Black is also somewhat on the old side by comparison- most gamers have since moved on to other things.

The key to the future, Is the Past...;)

And its true, you cant forget the roots of in this case gaming, and that means still appreciating games like Black. Which is still a very, very good game even by todays standards...:D
  • Just so happens I bought Black 3 weeks ago as needed go through it again as something was missing from my life. Got it brand new for £7 - bargin. but as FPS games goes take these few words

Timesplitters 2
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    ...but as FPS games goes take these few words

Timesplitters 2

Actually, I would have said any of the Time Crisis games instead of Timsplitters 2.

Speaking of which, the new TC (er is it 4 or 5? I forget now) when it comes out will be brilliant.
    Is it out for the PS3? I forget, I best check up on that. Can hardly wait for the first TC on PS3 :D

Jay
  • Speaking of which, the new TC (er is it 4 or 5? I forget now) when it comes out will be brilliant.
    Is it out for the PS3? I forget, I best check up on that. Can hardly wait for the first TC on PS3

I'm not sure, i'm sure i've heard of a Timeshift coming out on the PS3, theres a trailer on the US Store i think, but other than that, my mind goes blank...:confused: