Awesome Forum Idear :)
  • Well, at least I think it's awesome. We've got a whole thread of PSN usernames, so there are obviously a lot of PS3 users on this website. Why not add a "Blank" to fill in your PSN name on your profile. Then it could show up right below "Posts" - beside your forum name on every post.

[CENTER]image

[CENTER]Thus, it would look like this:
    [/CENTER]

[CENTER]image

I think this would be an easy way for everyone to find out each other's PSN usernames, and it would be more obvious who owns a PS3 right now and who doesn't. Plus, it's voluntary, so if you didn't want to give our your PSN name to the forum, you don't have to.

Can we do it? I'm up for it :p

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]
  • I've added the PSN username field to the profile editing. Looks like it just shows up in the profile page right now- i'll do some more poking around the controls to try getting it to show there (or at least somewhere on a post).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I've added the PSN username field to the profile editing. Looks like it just shows up in the profile page right now- i'll do some more poking around the controls to try getting it to show there (or at least somewhere on a post).

Cool, I'm sure you'll get it where it needs to be ;). I think it'll be a great feature on the forum. Glad you liked my idea.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I've added the PSN username field to the profile editing. Looks like it just shows up in the profile page right now- i'll do some more poking around the controls to try getting it to show there (or at least somewhere on a post).

If I remember correctly there isn't anything in the admincp for vbulletin to make it show up under the posts. I do know that there is a very simple code edit that Jim could do to make it work.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    If I remember correctly there isn't anything in the admincp for vbulletin to make it show up under the posts. I do know that there is a very simple code edit that Jim could do to make it work.

OK, I thought it would be something like that. Hope he can get it up-and-running. I am excited to see it working. It's showing up on my profile page, but nowhere else at this point.
  • Any progress guys? Just got a PS3 Buddy invite today, thanks to my listing on this forum, so it'd be cool to have it prominent on each of our posts.
  • Patience, Matt- Jim has quite a bit on his plate as of yet making improvements on how we add stuff to the main site, talking to ad companies, etc..

It will come, just may take some time to get to.