Best moment with your PS3
  • What is your best moment with your PS3 so far

Mine is when I completed RFOM because it was the first game I ever completed
  • Er, mine is probably finally getting online for the first time and playing RR7 against the world :D lol

Although, it will be playing FIFA 08 online, when it's finally out. Until the likes of Final Fantasy XIII and Grand Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid 4, then I'll have numerous best moments. God, it's gonna be hard to choose once those three games are all out :eek:
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Er, mine is probably finally getting online for the first time and playing RR7 against the world :D lol

Ya there's nothing better than playing online on your PS3 for the first time
  • Fixed up your quote of Jay for you, John- you didn't need to add the tags, the quote button does it all for you. ;)

My best PS3 moment...hmm, would likely be the first time playing RR7 online with Jim B, the owner of the site here. Wish more of the games used international servers considering the number of UK/ Euro players here that i would like to hook up with. i may have to look into buying the imports on ebay more often.
  • Great idea for a thread. I'd have to say that my favorite moment with the PS3 so far was going online with Resistance: F.O.M. for the first time. The game was pretty darn cool, but then you go online, and it only gets better from there. I was so happy with it, and it really showed me the potential of the PS3.

I am looking forward to more favorite moments in the future. I can see those being the release of Little Big Planet, the Ratchet & Clank demo release, Uncharted, and GTAIV. It's all uphill from here folks :).
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...It's all uphill from here folks :).

In that case I'm getting a taxi or a bus or getting a lift from someone, I hate hills. Not fit enough to get up them, especially the size of the hill the PS3 will create once the wagon really gets rolling :o
  • Mines gotta be the first time i turned it on....:D

I will never forget that moment, i was so excited....:D

But, like everyone there are gunna be so many future moments i have with all the firepower coming up on the PS3..... My highlight will either be R&C:FTOD or uncharted:drakes fortune or maybe something else, who knows ey.....:D
  • MCWHAMMER said:

I am looking forward to more favorite moments in the future. I can see those being the release of Little Big Planet, the Ratchet & Clank demo release, Uncharted, and GTAIV. It's all uphill from here folks :).

Ya there will be loads of moments to choose from when the big games start coming out
  • Ya there will be loads of moments to choose from when the big games start coming out

Agreed.....!! :D :D
  • robcoxy said:
    Agreed.....!! :D :D

I second it. Those against?

Motion carried!
  • Is it wrong to look forward to Firmware updates? I get happy when new ones come out, even if they turn out to be something boring like, "Oh, we made it possible for you to watch a Flash video on your PS3 browser - but Flash V.13 comes out tommorow, so it'll be useless! And... that's it! Great firmware update huh?"

Yep. Firmware updates. Whoda thunk they'd be fun :confused:. At least they are more frequent than on Xbox Live, so that when they think of something clever like "Custom Wallpapers", they can just send it on over.
  • Well that was a bit er random there Mcw, very random indeedee :confused: lol
  • Is it wrong to look forward to Firmware updates?

No way, i love it when a new one comes in...:D:D

Well that was a bit er random there Mcw, very random indeedee

Yeah, you must have been having a bit of a moment there MCW...:confused: Nothing to worry about.....:)
  • :D I must admit, i haven't played that many games on it up to now, been a bit disappointed with the releases, but that all set to change in the next month.

Anyway, i have a very old PC, so i did enjoy putting all my Depeche Mode songs/albums onto the hardrive for easy access, boring i know but it brought a smile to MY face..............

Really looking forward to Pro Evo and COD:MW, both look awesome and i'm sure will provide some stand out moments.:mad:
  • pokerdon said:
    :D I must admit, i haven't played that many games on it up to now, been a bit disappointed with the releases, but that all set to change in the next month.

Totally agree with you on that. I was unlucky enough to buy some disasterous games this year on the next-gen systems. Now that it is the holiday season, I know I'll never be able to play all the games that are coming out. Uncharted, R&C, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Kane And Lynch, Army of Two. It's insane. I think I'll just take it one game at a time.

In other news, the R&C Demo was the highlight of my PS3 experience so far. Pure awesomeness. I highly recommend everyone check out the Insomniac podcast (It's called the "Full Moon Show" - over on iTunes or another music service). They've been detailing every last thing about the game on there for months now. The hosts of the show work at Insomniac, and even respond to your emails. They are going to have a game launch show when it releases.

Pokerdon, I think you'll like your PS3 more in Nov. and Dec. We all will.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...I think you'll like your PS3 more in Nov. and Dec. We all will.

Completely agree with you there Matt. November will see the release of sequels to great frnachises like WWE Smackdown! vs RAW and Ned For Speed, two great franchises if you ask me.
    October has already seen the release of the fantastic FIFA 08 though, which is THE footballing game to purchase. I'm sorry America but I just cannot call it Soccer, it's not Soccer it's Football darnit :mad:
  • it's not Soccer it's Football darnit

In know Jay. Even some people call it soccer over here now. Its like a highly contagious disease. :rolleyes:
  • mine was playing ghost recon advanced warfighter, gameplay awesome
  • Along with some of you, one of my best moments so far is after hooking it up, powering it on and seeing everything come up on the screen. I sat back and smiled and actually had a little conversation with Lola. Yes.....I named her Lola. HAHAHAHAHA!! And that my friends, was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
  • My best moments are when the dang thing will run properly,
  • using shotgun on resistance oh yeah !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion