Apple gets iSued over iPhone.
  • [CENTER]image
    [/CENTER]

Wow, when I saw the original mock-ups for the iPhone so long ago, I thought it was going to be a huge hit. But then, as the release date approached, and in these weeks after its release, I think we all know what happened. Apple got greedy big time. I mean, they must have some Sony employees part-timing at Apple over there.

Let me explain. They make you sign a 2-year contract to use the phone. Backing out of that gets you a $175 fine. Well, that's normal for a lot of cell phone companies these days, but still. 2 YEARS? The phone will be obsolete basically in 4 months.

Then, they quickly dropped the price of the iPhone, which made lots of people mad. They put an off-brand band-aid (The kind that doesn't stick long) on the problem by offering not a rebate, but a gift card to the Apple store. :o

It gets better. Then the drop their 4 GB model completely, and decide to stick with the higher end version. See where I'm getting the Sony comparison? It's like they share a brain! By dropping a model that fast, they left purchasers of the 4 GB with an obsolete product that could not be traded in for the 8 GB model, and could no longer be sold for the price it was bought at (because of the "Rebate").

What a fiasco. Apple is probably panicking right now. I would be if I were them. I could continue on about people hacking the iPhone, but I think it best to just post the article about the woman who is suing Apple for screwing her over. HERE IT IS. While I agree with most of her reasons for suing Apple, Steve Jobs AND AT&T, the '$1 Million + Damages + Legal Fees' she wants in return seems a little silly :).

And I don't know a lot about court cases, but wouldn't this be better as a "Class-Action Lawsuit", with thousands of people suing the company at once? That'd get their attention.

Anyway, I am blown away by all of this. I am happy with my widdle 30 GB iPod here, and I'm glad I stayed away from the iPhone for now. What a colossal mess.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...And I don't know a lot about court cases, but wouldn't this be better as a "Class-Action Lawsuit", with thousands of people suing the company at once? That'd get their attention.
    ..Anyway, I am blown away by all of this. I am happy with my widdle 30 GB iPod here, and I'm glad I stayed away from the iPhone for now. What a colossal mess.

Er, didn't Apple get sued that way over in the US because of the whole battery, i think it was, problem with the original Ipod?

Of course, they somehow got round it over here. Typical, the land of the "let's take these people to court and try to become rich quick."

No offense to the majority of Americans, but it does seem to have been that culture for quite a few years now.

unofrtunately, we're slowly getting that way as well over her.