• Did anyone catch Barack Obama on the Jay Leno show last night? What do you think about that guy?
  • Although I was up late enough to where I could watch Jay Leno, I missed it.

What did you think about him??;)
  • I didn't see it either.

On a similar note, did you guys hear that Stephen Colbert is going to run for President? He definatly has my vote.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    I didn't see it either.

On a similar note, did you guys hear that Stephen Colbert is going to run for President? He definatly has my vote.

I like Stephen Colbert, but I wouldn't trust him due to his hilarious Colbert reports.;)
  • I can't even lie...I like Barack. His answers always seem so candid. Of course all of these candidates are coached to sound this way but for some reason he appears to be a little more genuine than let's say a Rudy G, who happens to keep playin' on 9/11 and the now scripted mid-speech phone call from his wife.
  • As far as candidates for the Democratic party go, I wouldn't mind Barack. I would prefer him any day to Hilary Clinton.;)
  • OK, so I am in no way American, and politics in general I'm not really bothered about, but, as she's the only female candidate, would it not be good, in a way, if Hilary won? I mean, the first Female President and everything. Who knows? She might actually turn out to be pretty good. Look at it this way, no offense, but she can't be any worse than your most recent late twentieth century Presidents, right?

Maybe she'll turn out to be the American Maggie Thatcher :laugh: HAHA
  • Jason F Staff said:
    OK, so I am in no way American, and politics in general I'm not really bothered about, but, as she's the only female candidate, would it not be good, in a way, if Hilary won?

No. I believe it would not.

Jason F Staff said:
    I mean, the first Female President and everything. Who knows? She might actually turn out to be pretty good.

No. I don't think she would.

Jason F Staff said:
    Look at it this way, no offense, but she can't be any worse than your most recent late twentieth century Presidents, right?

Right. I'm sure you're making this conclusion based upon your own experience here in America right? ;) I would prefer to have a steller candidate rather than simply just one who can't be "as bad".
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    ...Right. I'm sure you're making this conclusion based upon your own experience here in America right? ;) I would prefer to have a steller candidate rather than simply just one who can't be "as bad".

Perception is everything. How a leader is perceived is the most important thing. I don't know about America itself, but your most recent Presidents have not represented themselves very well on a world stage have they? You need someone who will not only do your country some good, but who will represent your country to the world in the correct possible way.

That's what all countries need in their leaders, including our country. Then again, after the farce of the war in Iraq it certainly ended up getting rid of our leader. I wonder if it will be a possible reason that will end up getting rid of your leader also :huh:
  • Jason F Staff said:
    That's what all countries need in their leaders, including our country. Then again, after the farce of the war in Iraq it certainly ended up getting rid of our leader. I wonder if it will be a possible reason that will end up getting rid of your leader also :huh:

No, I believe that our leader cannot continue to be our leader due to the Constitution. He can only rule for two terms...and his second term ends in 2008.;)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    No, I believe that our leader cannot continue to be our leader due to the Constitution. He can only rule for two terms...and his second term ends in 2008.;)

That's just a wimpy way out of it Mel. Would people still vote for him if that wasn't the case? I personally am not sure if people would as he wouldn't deserve the votes, but I dunno, maybe there will suddenly be a backlash on here with loads of people supporting him and telling me to shut my stupid british mouth, but just giving a personal opinion which is what this is for.
    A place for a heated discussion that doesn't get out of hand :)
  • Barack or Hillary are cool in book. I think that either of them have the potential to do America some good! In Barack's case, if he were elected (which I doubt will happen) I fear that he would be a little too timid to make the necessary political moves to undue some of the damage that the Bush admin has brought upon our nation.
    In Hillary's case, I fear that she is already so tangled in the political web that she won't be able to make the unbiased decisions that Barack simply due to how fresh his political journey is.
    Either way, I just hope that Rudy G. doesn't end up in office! God help us if that happens.