Ratchet and Clank Future PS3 Game Help
  • Join Ratchet and Clank on their first next gen adventure! After yet again saving the galaxy from untold dangers the heroic duo are taking a well deserved break- yet Ratchet is restless. An orphan of the universe, he has never known anything of his past, his family, or his Lombax origins. And no one, not even Clank, can fill that void.

In a move of desperate irony, Ratchet and Clank steal Tachyon
  • Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I am in an early level of the game where I am supposed to find all the parts to fix my ship which has crash landed. I found all of them (except for I think 1), and now I am supposed to send Clank into a cave area (Through a little tunnel hole) alone to search for the last.

Once I send Clank inside, I have no idea what to do. I am in an empty room with a door that is obviously locked, with no way to get past the door. There are 3 robots sitting on the floor asleep, very unhelpful. The room is pretty much empty, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. It seems that I need to do something outside of the place to unlock the door, but I can't figure out what. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I have all but 1 ship part, but I have no way of knowing because the game doesn't keep count of them for you.

I'm sorry I do not have the level name for you, I will post it next time I try to get through the level.

Anyone know what I'm missing or need to do?
  • Hold down the triangle button when facing them, Matt- you'll bring up Clank's command wheel. At the moment you'll have just the one selection, "follow", at the top. This will wake the Zunis and have them follow you. Once they are awake step onto the blue disc to open the door.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Hold down the triangle button when facing them, Matt- you'll bring up Clank's command wheel. At the moment you'll have just the one selection, "follow", at the top. This will wake the Zunis and have them follow you. Once they are awake step onto the blue disc to open the door.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been rather sick this week, so my head hasn't been completely "in the game" so to speak. I will try that. Why'd they go sleepy on me anyway? Little jerks. :p
  • maybe they got tired of waiting for you to figure out what to do? :p
  • OK, got it to work. Thanks for the help. That was stupid, how is anybody supposed to know what to do :frown: there?
  • You should have remembered this from previous R&C games- they did the same thing only using small droids in the Clank sections. Plus, it's in the manual. :p
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    You should have remembered this from previous R&C games- they did the same thing only using small droids in the Clank sections. Plus, it's in the manual. :p

Problem is, It's been a while since I've played a Ratchet game, so I'm rusty. My next step was to look in the manual, if no one here knew the answer.

Of course, I've already run into more nuisances. I'm in the next level where you're to fight in an arena. There are some statues to collect, and I've got all but the one that is at the top of the doorway/gate area. Tried for ten minutes to get it, but I don't really know what it does, so I just left it there. That was annoying.

Now I'm in the arena getting whuped by this big thing that shoots at me. I am not good at this game :(.
  • There's a section early into the Fight Festival world that you can only enter if you have all six statues. Probably a good way to earn some extra bolts and raritanium for weapon upgrades- I have 5 of the six myself (likely missing the same one) so i may check that out next time I'm playing.
  • Hi the statue i missed for ages was in the top of a fountain found all the rest fairly easy im having trouble in the fight arena got a lot of me weapons maxed out after loads of trips back and fourth to other planets to gain more raritanium for upgrades etc just keep getting me butt whooped in the arena any tips to get through this part please ive tried numerous times and it seems to know my strategy when i go in as the beasties seem to get harder each time i enter what is the best weapon against the big blue hover bots that just seem to get me every time groovertrons keep them occupied while i blast the crap out of them but you only get 3 of them and the grenades dont last long either i need help says 3 rounds i must be getting done just before the end of the round 3 as i cant seem finnish this please please i need help.
  • I found myself using the Shock ravager in the battle arena more often than not- it takes most of the enemies out within two hits. When the electrified drones come out I switch over to one of the more heavy duty weapons like the Predator or Negotiator. Avoid using the gadgets like the Groovitron- they don't respawn in the crates like the ammo does.
  • I've had trouble with the screen freezing leaving Mukow, and arriving at both Ardolis and Jasindu. I managed to overcome the Mukow issue by pushing 'start' and skipping the movie. I originally got past the Ardolis problem by ejecting the disc and re-starting the system...many, many times. Then it locked up on Jasindu. Nothing helped. I have the 2.10 update, I've cleaned the disc, re-loaded the disc, re-started the system, restored the defaults, saved often, deleted the game data and reloaded it, saved 500MB to the system (which solves an unrelated problem), exchanged my original copy for a new one, and even completely deleted my game. Now, I've (re)landed at Ardolis and can't get more than 10 - 12 seconds of game play. I've searched high and low for answers and tried everything except putting the game in another PS3 (don't know anyone else who owns one). I dearly love my Ratchet (oh, and my daughters do too). Can you help?
  • Could it not be the system building dust on it's vents
  • Is the PS3 kept in an entertainment system by chance? I'm wondering if the problem may be due to a slight overheating issue from being in too confined a space.
  • shaddow said:
    Could it not be the system building dust on it's vents

Anything is possible, but I don't think that was it. This problem started 2 days after purchase (not to mention the fact that I've been obsessive about keeping the machine pristeen).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Is the PS3 kept in an entertainment system by chance? I'm wondering if the problem may be due to a slight overheating issue from being in too confined a space.

Nope. We already house so much in there, I was worried about overheating.

I have no clue what was wrong with it. And, I'm happy to report, that my husband took the console back to the store and, to my surprise, exchanged it for a new one. Well, needless to say I had to make sure that the kids could play without fear of it locking up. ;) I loaded the game last night, stayed up 'til the wee hours, and tore past Jasindu without locking up once. :D

There must have been an issue with that particular console. But all is well now. Thank you for responding and trying to help.
  • statue on the gatway is easy go left through the gate when entering and you can get up from there jump to first then second platform to top got it . ive heard that there is a glitch with razor claws that enables you to climb walls etc ive beaten the game 3 times now got to the end and done the final boss cant seem to find this glitch was told it can be obtained after beating the final boss and on second time around upgrading razor claws apparently lets you get it . it dont seem to work on my system anyone got any ideas thanks keith.
  • Hi,

I am new to R&C and in general gaming. I bought myself a PS3 and I am loving this little game. I need help in 2 areas (both of which may seem very trivial, please excuse me!!)
    1. How do I save a game when and where I want it and the next time I insert the disc, start off from that point. I tried using the SAVE under options, it does save. The next day, when I reinsert the game to start again I start from first.
    2. How do I skip the intro (where ratchet is asked to check his ship by clank and ends with Ratchet claiming that he can test his new nav unit).

I am still very new and early in this game but I would really like the answer to my first problem.

Thanks,
    Cannon
  • You picked a great game to start with, cannon- I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride.

Unfortunately you can't save progress at any point. You can only restart at certain checkpoints set up at each planet through the missions (one of the few flaws of the series).

As for that intro at the very start of the game, that can't be skipped either- as it does set up the start of the action to unfold they made it mandatory to watch.
  • Thanks a ton !!
    At least now I would stop wondering if I am doing something wrong. I am not very good but I love the way the game feels. And now I know where to ask if I am stuck, you guys are damn good !!!

Thanks, I will let you know when I at least finish off one planet, might take a while though:(
  • Hi I need help with the pirates level. I am inside the cave and beat all the bats - and now i am in with all the pirates and can seem to open the "PirateKnocker" door or get up top to get more pirates...HELP please
  • To get past those knockers you need the holo-pirate disguise. If you don't have that yet you will have to come back later on once you do get it.

To answer the question I'm sure will follow, you get the HoloPirate disguise when you complete your second visit to the arena on planet Mukow.
  • G'day from Down Under!

I'm a complete newby to all of this gaming stuff ... never owned a system in my life. My BF bought me a PS3 for xmas (coz of the bluray!) and i'm really enjoying the R&K Tools of Destruction he bought as well.

However ... i am stuck on L2 ... Planet something ... and have got as far as the jumping wall. Now WTF do I do? Am I blind and completely missing something ... or totally unco and not working the jump wall correctly?

Please help ... I really dont wanna ask my 11yo godson for help ... again!