• Hi every one. I dont know if this is right place to post this but here goes.Im intrested in putting fedora linux on my ps3 but dont have a clue where to start.Ive checked the fedora site but dont know which files to it i need and how to go about putting it on.Could any one help or point me in the right direction for a step by step way of doing this .I know it can be done but just dont know how. tia for any help. Pulsar
  • Personally, i would go for the Linux that was made specifically for the PS3, Yellow Dog. However, if you do prefer Fedora you can get all the step by step details as well as download links here.
  • thanks for the reply :) .Why is yellow dog you speak of better for the ps3? is it easier to install ?
  • It's a tad easier and it is specifically designed for the PlayStation 3 so it should take a bit more advantage of the inside architecture. You can check them out at Terra Soft -- Linux for Sony PlayStation PS3, IBM Power and pSeries, Mercury Cell, and Apple PowerPC..
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    It's a tad easier and it is specifically designed for the PlayStation 3 so it should take a bit more advantage of the inside architecture. You can check them out at Terra Soft -- Linux for Sony PlayStation PS3, IBM Power and pSeries, Mercury Cell, and Apple PowerPC..

:cool: yeh it does look better. i think i'll go with your advice on this one.

As you guessed i do have a couple of questions though. :confused:

1st what files do i need to download ?

and 2nd is it same procedure as fedora to install it ?

sorry to be a pain but dont want to brick my ps3 :eek:
  • They have recently updated to version 5.0.2 of the OS. You will need to download the .ISO file for it and burn that to a DVD. This page has a list of FTP sites where you can find it- some work, some don't so check each one. The file you want will be in the ISO folder. Have your pick of 5.0.1 or 5.0.2.

This link is a .pdf file telling how to install Yellow Dog onto the PS3. It would be a good idea to have a read through this before you start.
  • ok will do and thanks again for all your help
    :D