Dual Shock 3: Importing, Wait or Meh?
  • As many of you may know Ratchet & Clank Future (released yesterday in North America) is the first PS3 game to support the rumble of the new Dual Shock 3 controller. I have also found out Warhawk is planned to support rumble by mid-December.

Thing is, the Dual Shock 3 is only going to be in Japan on its release in mid-November with availability in other regions in Spring 2008. Now, with this bit in mind I have a question for the members- are you importing the DualShock 3, waiting for the official release in your area or could care less about rumble now after being without on the PS3?

Myself, I went ahead and ordered myself one for "research purposes" ;) for the site via eBay (this seller is a power seller that set up a store on eBay with humongous positive feedback so it was safe). Hopefuly I will be seeing the controller by mid-late November.
  • As many of you may know Ratchet & Clank Future (released yesterday in North America)

First things first......You lucky *@-£$-*@

Right now we've got that outta the way. I wont be importing the dualshock 3 no. I want it, sure i want it. But i'm not importing it. For the reasons that firstly, gunna be a bit low on cash and the games will come first. Secondly, I love rumble and want it on the PS3, but i can live without it, i will buy it when it comes out in Europe but hey till Spring 08, i can wait......:)

Myself, I went ahead and ordered myself one for "research purposes"

Right Lyn, you really convinced us on that one. :rolleyes:

Hopefuly I will be seeing the controller by mid-late November.

Look forward to hearing how good it is.....:(:rolleyes: ...Lol......
  • Actually, the first was Folklore, but I guess the first big seller is Ratchet. ^^;;

I won't likely have a PS3 before the controllers release here, anyway. Maybe they'll even start packing them in with the console once I actually buy one.
  • Not yet for me. Sony desensitized us to having one, so although the controller has felt like cold plastic on the PS3, it hasn't been missed by all. It was a stupid idea to drop the rumble in the first place (Yeah yeah, lawsuit, I know. But if you are Sony and want rumble, is Immersion the only company in the world that could make a spinning motor that shakes your hands? It's that hard to do huh?).

I remember the N64 Rumble Pak being a big deal, and something everyone with a N64 had (Though I think I owned an off-brand one). Even though it might have seemed goofy to some, it served its purpose. I'd gladly buy one that popped into the top USB port of my sixaxis. It's not like I'm using the sixaxis functionality anyway, so I'm not worried about any interference going on.

It's a sore-spot for me to buy another $50.00 controller because the first one wasn't what it should have been. So, I'm not excited to hand more money over to the meanies. Let them suffer :mad: YARRR!
  • [CENTER]image

Well, as if the decision over whether to import or wait wasn't big enough for ya, now we might have to decide what color to get when it comes to our respective countries. I think this ceramic white looks pretty cool. I don't care that my PS3 is black, I've always been a proponent of multicolored controllers anyway. Although, from the pictures I've seen, It doesn't look like the controller would be translucent like the black one. Still, I might buy this white one when it does come out.

Here is my favorite of Sony's PS2 colored controllers, I still have it, although it probably has a rattle inside of it now, that one plastic piece always breaks off in there. It was really pretty when you could watch the rumbler spin in there :p. Hopefully they'll continue the tradition and put out some - less expensive - colored controllers for the PS3.

[/CENTER]
  • Well the rumble feature was cool and all for the ps2, but i have yet to find myself really missing it on the ps3, as for the motion decetion i think its a cool idea that could possible be used well in some fighting games, but more plausably be used for games like resident evil 5 with there trademark cutscene interactions